WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, the cat is partially out of the bag regarding the Leviathan which I guess is a 200 meter Reserve SA version. EL was wearing it today although no close-ups were taken. Word is that it is Jim's host pick in March.

And it looks like a SAIII sized watch. Anyone know anything else, please add your dos centavos.:thumbup:

Oh, here is a post from arielr who is a step or two ahead:

I hope not larger than 46 or 47mm tops! While 43 to 45mm hits the sweet spot. Unfortunately, some of Invicta's BEST looking models are CLOWNISH big!! Like the new RESERVE SA Leviathan that EYAL was wearing last nite! Even on his big arms, that thing looked like a grandfather clock on his wrist!:001_tt2:

By the way, most of you can see previews of this new reserve on Jim's myspace page. ITs beautiful, but 55mm?!?! WTF!! Way too large for me...:scared:

·
Registered
981 Posts
I really wish Invicta would make a watch like that in a 44-46mm range. I not saying 40mm and don't mind larger but 55mm?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks Rusty for following up and posting. Jim just gave a good glimpse on his show first show tonite about 30 minutes into the show. He was wearing the 3 hand version in SS with Black dial.:biggrin: If not mistaken it was mentioned that it is 55mm case and 20mm thick!:scared:

Nonetheless, it is a VERY beautiful watch but I am SO ****ED that it is SO FREAKING HUGE!!!:cursing:

Seems like Invicta's Top notch designs and most of their R&D is made into their watches of 50mm and above!! I just dont get it since they are limiting their audience. While I understand that today's trend is for larger watches, but IMHO anything beyond 46mm is too large for me and anything above 50mm is clownish big!!:scared: Oh well, it wont be hurting my wallet on this one...

·
Registered
646 Posts
At 55mm by 20mm, assuming anyone actually dove with it, you shouldn't need to wear any additional weights. Just strap that puppy on your wrist and admire it while you let it pull you down.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The watch looks FANTASTIC ! Fortunately I'm a big guy and can pull off the 55mm. I'm gonna start saving my pennies right now for that big phat sucker . . . March looks very nice to buy my first Sub Aqua :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm sorry, but this new Leviathan watch has officially put Invicta in the "CLOWN" category for me. It's beautiful, but way, way TOO BIG.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Looks like a mix between a PD and a OG on growth hormones. Great looking but alas too big for my puny wrist. Talk about demoralizing!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts