WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the Colt and was so happy with it until I looked closely at the dial where it says 'CHRONOMETRE' and the letter 'T' is so faint, almost as though it just didn't print properly whereas the other letters and words on the dial are bold and sharp.

Is this normal or should I take it back to the AD ?? Someone who saw it suggested it may be a Breitling security thing where they do it intentionally so that fakes can be identified???

Has anyone else had inconsistencies in the lettering sharpness and darkness?
Is the word 'CHRONOMETRE' printed on or painted on or what?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Hi Puppet,

My letter T is consistent with the rest of the dial printing on my Super Ocean,and that is on a dial with a textured face.I would suggest at least a 10x power loupe to study your wording closely.

I would also assume and expect that it should be consistent on your model,although I'm not sure what sought of texture your dial has,as this may have a bearing on the letter,that is why I suggest looking at your lettering under magnification..

If it turns out to be poorley printed,and you are unhappy,take it back to your AD and get it soughted out.Thats why ADs are there and so are warranties.:thumbup1:

Regards Aaron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts