WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this on Wednesday and have now worn it 3 days in a row.

This was an OTV and came with a free alligator strap, a free winder, and free Wristwatch Annual 2007.

I always wanted a watch with the "President" style day accross the top and something with a brown dial. Bingo!

So far (2 full days since I set it with my atomic watch) it is still right on the second. I hope it doesn't "break-in". The ETA 2834-2 movement is not only accurate but smoooothe too.

Fit and finish are top notch. The bracelet needed a little bit of working-in but looks great and the push-button dual deployant works well.

At 42mm it's an ideal size for me and I'm liking it more and more.

Let's see your SWIs.

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Love the brown dial. I was called by that color, but opted for the silver version. This is my only SWI watch:

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
@larry: I've never been a fan of brown dials but on your watch it's gorgeous.

@bos: that packaging is killer. I know some folks around here say that packaging isn't a big deal to them, but when I purchase a watch and get the killer, elegant-looking boxes, well, I just melt!:001_tt1:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With all the people around here that watch the shows on Shop### it's amazing to me that only 3 of us own an SWI watch.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
I do not know much about this company. Where are they located? What kind of movements do they use? What is the average price of the watch? How are they considered among WIS?

BTW, they look great!!! :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@timefinder, the company is located in Florida and imports several brands which are marketed mainly on ShopNBC. They also have a website where they sell these brands plus Invictas and practically everything else.
The SWIs are Swiss made and have ETA or Valjoux movements. If I had to guess I'd say Jacque Lemans manufacturers the watches for them.
My watch sells for $899 on their website but I got it as an OTV for $799 including an alligator deployant strap and a winder.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
With all the people around here that watch the shows on Shop### it's amazing to me that only 3 of us own an SWI watch.
They are fine watches, and I'd love to have one, but at the price I'd rather put that toward one of my grails. I think price holds a lot of us back.

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
@timefinder:

SWI is one of the larger importers and distributors of watches. They are NA and SA distributors for Edox, Jacques Lemans and several other brands. They also are an authorized Seiko distributor. They also sell many other fine brands and have their own lines, SWI, Swiss Legend and Magico.
I've done a lot of business with the company.
As for the SWI brand watches, these are flagship pieces, usually limited editions, of exceptional quality and value. The movement in my watch is an ETA 2834. They also have VJ 7751 chronos and chronos with an ETA 2824 base and a Dubois-Depraz module.
The fit and finish is outstanding, really, and equal to what you'd find on many luxury Swiss brands. I'm a big fan.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Guess I am part of the exclusive club..:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I started this thread on December 14. Wearing it probably twice a week and on the winder the rest of the time. I still haven't reset it. It's not even a minute fast in 40 days!
Now that's a great movement!

·
Registered
129 Posts
congrats - love the different color faces, but the white / silver is my favorite.

how is the winder - does it have winding options, ac and battery operation etc?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I own the first LE that SWI released. It's similar to the recent OTV but came on a leather strap, has a white dial (also came in black) has Roman Numerals and furnaced blue hands. Sorry I don't have any pictures but a certain Mr. Skelton took some BEAUTIFUL shots if memory serves me correctly. Maybe he'll jump in and post them.

I wear it mainly as a dress watch and it is one of my favorites! Top notch all the way.

Budman

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Really nice watches guys.
I have come really close to ordering, but too much trigger pulling lately.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have been obsessing over the SWI watches for some time this thread may just push me over the edge......Look ouot late night shopping TV:lol:

·
Banned
65 Posts
congrats - love the different color faces, but the white / silver is my favorite.

how is the winder - does it have winding options, ac and battery operation etc?
The winder is pretty nice and super quiet. You can set it to wind in both or either direction. I think AC is your only option, at least that is how I'm using it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts