WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
On second thought I realize now that I do own a modified Invicta watch, but I can't take credit for the work or the following photos. I found this watch after searching Ebay for midsize SAN IIIs. I was intrigued and after no competition in bidding I got it for an excellent price. When I received the watch I was extremely happy with the results. The watch's original quartz movement was replaced with a ETA automaticand the original hands were also replaced with the Pro Diver Mercedes hands. My thanks go out to seller of the watch.

Here is the another Midsize SAN III that I own with the original movement and hands for comparison.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very nice! I like it when someone else does it as sometimes you would have never thought about having it done you know? :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice job Gym and welcome to the forum! Yeah when it cones to Modding I think we all like to change bands,dials, etc no matter what brand of watch :biggrin:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mods can be performed on any brand. The OP asked for Invicta mods not Seiko. Your statement is not relevant to the question.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Perhaps you are unaware of the plethora of aftermarket parts available for the modding of seikos. There are no similar parts available for invicta or any other brand I am aware of. BTW, the OPs username is a nod to a popular seiko.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Perhaps you are unaware of the plethora of aftermarket parts available for the modding of seikos. There are no similar parts available for invicta or any other brand I am aware of. BTW, the OPs username is a nod to a popular seiko.
Your not saying anything that I was not aware of. You post was off topic and its tone was unfriendly. The OP requested pictures/descriptions of INVICTA mods. If you wish to discuss Seiko mods go to the appropriate forum. You seem to have issues with the company and I encourage you to start a separate thread where these issues can be discussed. Any further post not on topic or made to contribute or advance the discussion in a friendly respectful manner will be deleted. I will not argue this any further.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't have any pics. I am sorry. But, I used a Scotch-Brite Pad to buff out the high polish finish to satin finish on the oyster watch band on my Invicta Pro Diver 8925OBV2. If you look up Scotch-Brite Pads it shows people using it to remove scratched from watch bands too. lol. That was a very simple and subtle modding. The date magnification is pretty reasonable on the Invicta Pro Diver 8926OBV2. I don't get why it would be such a bother to remove.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It was not my intention to present an unfriendly tone. I have seen this user on Seiko watch forum sites. I know that he was aware of the Seiko modding phenomena. I was only trying to point out that there was very little similar activity in the invicta community (as can be backed up by the relative lack of mod posts in this thread itself).

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
It was not my intention to present an unfriendly tone. I have seen this user on Seiko watch forum sites. I know that he was aware of the Seiko modding phenomena. I was only trying to point out that there was very little similar activity in the invicta community (as can be backed up by the relative lack of mod posts in this thread itself).
I would suggest that next time you state what you mean instead of making what could be interpreted as a snide or trolling comment. You make a perfectly valid point.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I remember a good while back you told me about this watch you picked. If memory serves. I bought the same watch(Mod 5421) with the Ronda quarts movement. What ETA movement did the guy use in the conversion? That was one tight mod on a nice watch. You were lucky to grab that piece when you did. I am a fan of ETA movements, you cant beat their accuracy. Very nice watch Scott!

On second thought I realize now that I do own a modified Invicta watch, but I can't take credit for the work or the following photos. I found this watch after searching Ebay for midsize SAN IIIs. I was intrigued and after no competition in bidding I got it for an excellent price. When I received the watch I was extremely happy with the results. The watch's original quartz movement was replaced with a ETA automaticand the original hands were also replaced with the Pro Diver Mercedes hands. My thanks go out to seller of the watch.

Here is the another Midsize SAN III that I own with the original movement and hands for comparison.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not much of a mod, just removed the cover of my Akula 0636. I go back and forth just to give it a little bit different look.

Also, how do I make the pics larger?

2011-12-11 11.25.22.jpg

2011-12-11 11.30.50.jpg

2011-12-11 11.33.17.jpg

2011-12-11 11.26.44.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts