WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have rediscovered a watch that I bought new 38 years ago. It is a Le Jour chronograph that I believe has a Heuer movement . I can only remember wearing it once or twice and it looks and works like new. Can anybody here tell me more about this watch and what it might be worth. I am posting pics, thanks for any info you might have.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,903 Posts
It makes more sense than La Banane!

There's precious little out there on LeJour. One can assume they went out of business when quartz watches flooded the industry. There's a LeJour Watch Company listed in New York City somewhere, but they didn't start up until 1998.

Your watch was known as "the poor man's Heuer". LeJour was a French company that bought watch parts, assembled them, and then put their name on the dial. Nothing spectacular, but they were well-built. Apparently they preferred Heuer movements for their 3-sub dial (or register) models and Valjoux for 2-register models.

Valuation of yours is impossible without a pro to examine it. One sold on eBay for $260, some $400-$600, and one was just over $1100. 3-register models seem to be more desired than 2-register ones.

La Banane means The Banana

·
Super Moderator
16,903 Posts
Antique dealers, auction houses, or Appraisal Services from the phone book would be my first venture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.