WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently purchased a LeCoultre Futurematic in a 14K case. The watch is not in bad condition. The movement runs strong but it is missing the part which 'hacks' the watch. The case and dial are only fair to good condition.

How do I operate the 'crown', which is on the back and slides in or out. When the 'crown', really a sliding button, is pushed toward the center of the watch, the hands can be set. What happens when it is slid away form the center? Is this how you wind the watch?

Is there anyone here who can tell me about this watch?

Thank you and Regards, Gkenny.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I doubt if the watch "hacks". Most of the older movements (irregardless of manufacturer) did not. Most could be "false hacked" by applying back pressure to the crown.

Although I am not familiar with your watch (although I've always admired the "FutureMatic"), someone here will be able to offer assistance (D?).

·
Banned
615 Posts
Hi, I recently purchased a LeCoultre Futurematic in a 14K case. The watch is not in bad condition. The movement runs strong but it is missing the part which 'hacks' the watch. The case and dial are only fair to good condition.

How do I operate the 'crown', which is on the back and slides in or out. When the 'crown', really a sliding button, is pushed toward the center of the watch, the hands can be set. What happens when it is slid away form the center? Is this how you wind the watch?

Is there anyone here who can tell me about this watch?

Thank you and Regards, Gkenny.
Yes you slide the crown to wind manually or to set hands - NOTE: You must turn only clockwise.

No hacking feature.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt if the watch "hacks". Most of the older movements (irregardless of manufacturer) did not. Most could be "false hacked" by applying back pressure to the crown.

Although I am not familiar with your watch (although I've always admired the "FutureMatic"), someone here will be able to offer assistance (D?).
Thank you Huntershooter, I appreciate your response, Regards, Gkenny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.