WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Dan,
Newbie kdt2334 here. I stumbled onto the WTF through Google and found out something about the 2 Hamilton watches I own thanks to a replys those in the know gave on a forum. I have a Hamilton Boulton 982 and a Boulton B 753. I thought I had 2 of the same watch. I've learned I don't. The 753 was my grandfather's watch which became mine when he passed away. I misplaced it for 3 months and was sick about it the entire time it was missing. I realizied the only way I'd get over it was to obtain another one. I bid/won the Boulton on eBay for just over $100 then spent $600 having it serviced at the Swiss Service Center in Chicago, IL. It turned out to be in need of alot of fixin' including replacement of rusty movement parts, stem, crystal. I elected to have the dial polished and get a new Hamilton aligator band. 2 weeks later, my daughter found my Boulton B in her dresser drawer (who knows?). The Boulton dosen't lock up very tightly, but the B does. Can you estimate the value of each one of these timepieces for me? Which movement is the better one? Also, what is the estimated value of the WWII Navy Hamilton with the case markings R88-W-800, MFR's PART NO, 27023, Hamilton Watch Co, K-H-3 ? There's a sweep second hand and black face.
Thank you for the education!

·
Super Moderator
16,574 Posts
Welcome! First, Congratulations to, and kudos for your daughter on, finding the Boulton again.
Right now all I can say is the 982 was Hamilton's basic, most-often used mvement.
We try to avoid doing real estimates, but we can give educated guesses. And no guesses without (big, in-focus) pictures. As with all collectables, condition is critically important.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.