WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first pic :001_tongue:

can you believe it is still in the box...? will take it out tomorrow morning :001_rolleyes:

i can safely say that this will def be the last incoming for 2011..... :thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
first pic :001_tongue:

That's mean to us WIS's.

can you believe it is still in the box...? will take it out tomorrow morning :001_rolleyes:

i can safely say that this will def be the last incoming for 2011..... :thumbup1:
That's mean to us WIS's.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I can hardly wait. :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
wow,

a watch and stand up in the same routine.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
466 Posts
With a case like this has to be a dive so I'm guessing it's a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms .:huh:
Don't think so...

I suspect that's Blancpain's long awaited lunchbox. Thus, the safe bet is it contains a bologna sandwich, with mustard, and a juice pack.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With a case like this has to be a dive so I'm guessing it's a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms .:huh:
:thumbup1:

just be aware that this is not the "usual" Blancpain FF most of us are used to/familiar with... :001_rolleyes:

apparently..... according to my mates - "i like to be different..." :lol:

Don't think so...

I suspect that's Blancpain's long awaited lunchbox. Thus, the safe bet is it contains a bologna sandwich, with mustard, and a juice pack.
you forgot about a banana and an apple....

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Blancpain Fifty Fathoms 5015-11c30-52, AKA "Dark Knight"?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
(posting the entire post on an iPad 2, hope it goes well... :lol: )

So, here it is.... Here is my absolutely last incoming of 2011 (I seriously thought my last one was in September) :001_tongue: :001_rolleyes:

Yes, it is a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, but not the ones that most people are familiar with.... I understand Blancpain came up with the diver design and had it available to public before Rolex brought out the Submariner.... But due to the brilliant Rolex marketing and advertisement, I can only associate "that design" with the Submariner (meh... What kind of WIS is that you maybe wondering?!? A shallow one maybe? :lol: )

This incoming took awhile to accomplish... As I have tried many other pieces - on top of my head were, Zenith El Primero Stricking 10th, Zenith New Vintage 1969, AP ROO Volcano, AP ROO Diver, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Diver..... BUT I want something that is "different", "not seem often", while "very wearable" and "comfortable".

Anyway, this is Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Chronographe Flyback "Speed Commander". This is a numbered edition, and this variant comes in either Orange/Black or Yellow/Black combo. I have gone with the Orange/Black Speed Commander, because orange is my second fave colour (after green as most of you guys are aware of :rofl: ). My supplier was able to locate a single digit edition number for me, so I'm very pleased with that. (I have no idea which number they have gone up to.... But one of my suppliers had a yellow one in the no. 18X region). My understanding is that these two combos have been discontinued.... (but still on Blancpain.com :confused1: )

The Speed Commander is Blancpain's association/connection with Motorsports, as the CEO is a massive Motorsports fan. The balance wheel has the design of a motor vehicle's alloy wheel. (I have not taken a pic of it yet... Will do that later)

Now, the important bit... The pix. These are the ones taken earlier in not so good light condition, some of the pix shows "yellow" rather than "orange"........ :crying:

I have taken some more while wearing it today, but haven't uploaded them yet (still on the iPhone :lol: )

Hope you like these pix for now. I seriously thought my 2nd teaser pic from the linked "incoming thread" was a pretty good hint on which Blancpain FF this would be... :lol:

In case you are questioning the quality of my iPhone pix.... Yes, the case is black and has a carbon fibre dial.... With red bits on the dial... :thumbup:

Lastly, here is the wrist pic :w00t:

IMO - I don't think it'd bump into one of this in the wild very often... :wink:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the kind words guys.

must say - im loving the DLC case (thought it'd too black initially.. :lol: ). i think the orange and red bits breaks up the darkness quite nicely :thumbup1:

currently thinking of a couple additional straps for it, will see what happens, the allen key style springbars can be a pain in the back side apparently :crying::001_rolleyes:

happy new year everyone :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
It looks fabulous! One not often seen at all - I have never even seen a pic of one. Congrats on the new addition. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
689 Posts
:thumbup1:

just be aware that this is not the "usual" Blancpain FF most of us are used to/familiar with... :001_rolleyes:

apparently..... according to my mates - "i like to be different..." :lol:

you forgot about a banana and an apple....
and the OREOS!

·
Registered
160 Posts
That has to be the ugliest Blancpain I've ever seen... nice box though. No, but seriously; BP is the watch brand closest to my heart (having owned a number of them in the past but, unfortunately, none at the moment). I am, and probably always will be, full of respect and admiration for all of their creations. They exude quality and style. Welll... except for maybe, that one... (Lol), I hope you know I'm just kidding, (it's the carbon fiber dial that throws me off). Still a beauty! Enjoy in good health.

Rob

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That has to be the ugliest Blancpain I've ever seen... nice box though. No, but seriously; BP is the watch brand closest to my heart (having owned a number of them in the past but, unfortunately, none at the moment). I am, and probably always will be, full of respect and admiration for all of their creations. They exude quality and style. Welll... except for maybe, that one... (Lol), I hope you know I'm just kidding, (it's the carbon fiber dial that throws me off). Still a beauty! Enjoy in good health.

Rob
:lol:
All good - i have seen worse... But then again, each to his own.

lets hope you started drinking early for the NYE celebration.... :lol:

(there is no pleasing everyone, is it?!?)

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Excellent acquisition!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts