WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,903 Posts
Check:
Mondaine (official time-keeper of the Swiss railway system)
Nomos
Xetum
XemeX
Junghans
AirNautic
an arguement could also be made for the Movado Single Dot or "Museum" watch

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, I have a lot to learn. Would you mind telling me what you mean when you say your looking for a "Large Bauhaus" over 40mm, what is this and what does it look like? What, if any, is the advantage of this, or why is nice, different about it? Thanks for helping me understand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
found some good info that helped me understand better what you're talking about at: My german watch journey and Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope
I know that it is on a different forum, so I hope it is okay to post here. I'm have so much to learn, so I read from a lot of different places. I'm not sure that this style watch is really something that hits me, but then maybe it grows on a person. What, if you don't mind me asking, is the draw to this type of watch? Thanks again for your patience and help. sincerely!

·
Super Moderator
16,903 Posts
Good article!! For anyone without the time or patience to read it (and shame on you!) it was an art and style movement of radically simplified design that existed between the two World Wars. IMO two of today's best examples of what Bahaus was are

and

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
found some good info that helped me understand better what you're talking about at: My german watch journey and Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope
I know that it is on a different forum, so I hope it is okay to post here. I'm have so much to learn, so I read from a lot of different places. I'm not sure that this style watch is really something that hits me, but then maybe it grows on a person. What, if you don't mind me asking, is the draw to this type of watch? Thanks again for your patience and help. sincerely!
Thnx Ballmoose, just what I needed plus I love the Miyota 9100 movement!!! By the way I like your name.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm glad I stumbled upon this topic. I am an architecture major and have a great respect and appreciation for the Bauhaus school and did not know that there is a particular style of watch inspired by the school. The Max Bill Chronoscope is an unbelievably beautiful watch and after seeing it in the above article, thank you Ballmoose, it is my new dream watch. Thanks for the information guys, it's good to be back here on WTF!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.