WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LÜM-TEC MDV 3D Luminous Technology!

These dials will be first introduced on our upcoming M cobalt series. This is an all new luminous system that is extremely difficult to produce. We have been working on this for over 4 years and have finally perfected it. The diagram below will explain how it works. Needless to say, these will be our brightest and longest glowing dials ever!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That looks really cool! I can't wait to see it on MY 40mm Cobalt!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Interesting tech. I like the sandwich dial look that the M61 & M62 had, but looks like besides KNOWING the top dial has the CNC cut outs, it will appear as if the dial has applied markers.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Yeah I'm so buying this watch! Maybe two of them!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Interesting tech. I like the sandwich dial look that the M61 & M62 had, but looks like besides KNOWING the top dial has the CNC cut outs, it will appear as if the dial has applied markers.
Gotta aggree here... IMHO the distance between the two dials should be bigger, meaning one should be able to SEE that it's a cut out dial, rather than having the illusion of the markers and numbers being applied on the surface.

Other than that: BOY is gonna kick a$$!

Cheers,

Marc

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gotta aggree here... IMHO the distance between the two dials should be bigger, meaning one should be able to SEE that it's a cut out dial, rather than having the illusion of the markers and numbers being applied on the surface.

Other than that: BOY is gonna kick a$$!

Cheers,

Marc
The 3D markers will be slightly smaller than the cutouts. You will be able to tell its cutout.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
That's crazy but in a really good way, 33 layers of the stuff should mean when charged it will glow for a week. :thumbup:

P.S.
Somehow I get the feeling there's a but coming in the way of the price, will this increase the cost of the watches by much?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
These dials will be first introduced on our upcoming M cobalt series. This is an all new luminous system that is extremely difficult to produce. We have been working on this for over 4 years and have finally perfected it. The diagram below will explain how it works. Needless to say, these will be our brightest and longest glowing dials ever!

The sub dial, I take it the reason for the gap (most of the lume below the upper dial) and it's reflective coating is there to extend the time of how long the lume is visability?

·
Registered
297 Posts
That's crazy but in a really good way, 33 layers of the stuff should mean when charged it will glow for a week. :thumbup:

P.S.
Somehow I get the feeling there's a but coming in the way of the price, will this increase the cost of the watches by much?
4 Years of Engineering...

·
Registered
482 Posts

P.S.
Probably in the price range of a tungsten.

·
Registered
263 Posts
So Chris, how long does the lume last approximately?

And will the 40mm have the same amount of luminous material as the 44mm?

I've always believed the Seiko Orange Monster was the lume king, surely 33 layers of SL is enough to usurp the throne.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I wonder if there is some point -- dictated by physics, I guess, and the properties of the lume itself -- beyond which additional thickness or "layers" doesn't affect the brightness/longevity of the lume's performance?

If these dials are based upon the WTF Limited Edition watches, can owners of these models speak to the question of their watches' luminescence? Is it vastly superior, say, to the performance of the SuperCombat models??

Thanks, guys.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.