WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you who have been waiting you can now head over to our "extras" section on lum-tec.com to find a top quality 22mm deploy buckle to perfectly match the finish your watch. We have polished, brushed and PVD available now and bead blasted is coming shortly to match the SS combat B case finish. These will fit ALL OEM LÜM-TEC rubber, leather, and shell cordovan 26/22, 24/22 and 22/22 straps as well as many aftermarket straps with a 22mm buckle side. They are designed to accept thicker straps than most aftermarket deploys. Get them while they're hot!

Lum Tec, LLC

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Very cool!

Am about to order some of these, but would desperately like to know if the V series bracelet is imminent so I can consolidate the order?

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very cool!

Am about to order some of these, but would desperately like to know if the V series bracelet is imminent so I can consolidate the order?
V bracelets will be ready soon. Any time now. We added half links so it took a little longer but should not be long from now.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Does this fit the newer premium water resistant riveted leather strap?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
surfers said:
Does this fit the newer premium water resistant riveted leather strap?
Those are all 24/20, AFAIK

·
Registered
116 Posts
I must admit They look amazing in the Pictures and it is soo nice to See Lum-Tec offering more oem options for us crazies. But I can not stand snap deployments at all from personal experience. I wear my watch pretty tight and when i clap my hands even some what hard a snap deployment breaks loose every time, just imagine if i gave it real force at a moment of struggle. The snap in on my Milgauss bracelet, Zenith and Breitling deployment always break free at the worst time. I found push button to be a bit better in this regard. Though tri fold clasps hold a tad better then double fold so big credit there! I highly doubt if you wore your watch a bit loose on the wrist this would be a problem though, again I wear mine pretty tight...Either way Chris they look amazing!

btw: My brother bought his first watch recently and i am happy to tell you it is a Lum-Tec M49. I called and welcomed him in the club..haha Seriously when he asked my opinion on all the brands at his price point i told him look no further then you boys in Ohio! Thoguh he has a big wrist so I wander if Lum-Tec offers larger straps?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
What happened to 'they will be available in all of our finishes' as promised earlier?

I'm missing the rose gold and gun metal PVD here, which I would have ordered when available.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Realistically, what is the thickest strap (in mm) that these clasps can take?

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What happened to 'they will be available in all of our finishes' as promised earlier?

I'm missing the rose gold and gun metal PVD here, which I would have ordered when available.
The RG, we made 20 watches with 22mm buckle sides (A16H RG), and the Super Combat leather is 20mm on the end so it did not make sense to make 100+ of each.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The RG, we made 20 watches with 22mm buckle sides (A16H RG), and the Super Combat leather is 20mm on the end so it did not make sense to make 100+ of each.
Sure, but a lot of people like to add different straps to their watches.
I read quite a few times on here people like the deploy that came with the V series, only if it would be wider to fit more aftermarket straps...
Too bad it ain't gonna happen because I already had the straps at hand to go with the deploy buckle..

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sure, but a lot of people like to add different straps to their watches.
I read quite a few times on here people like the deploy that came with the V series, only if it would be wider to fit more aftermarket straps...
Too bad it ain't gonna happen because I already had the straps at hand to go with the deploy buckle..
These are the same buckles as the V series with a wider structure to fit the 22mm straps, and a different tab design made to fit a wider variety of straps. These will work with some pretty thick aftermarket straps.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
These are the same buckles as the V series with a wider structure to fit the 22mm straps, and a different tab design made to fit a wider variety of straps. These will work with some pretty thick aftermarket straps.
Yes Chris, exactly because of that I was looking forward for RG and Ti PVD OEM deploy buckle.
The V and SC straps are nice quality but I prefer a wider strap, and it would be nice to be able to add an OEM buckle to a custom strap.

I understand 20 RG Bull A16H won't justify production, but there's also the RG V series and maybe any future LT dress watch in RG?
Maybe drop a few brushed SS buckles off at the PVD shop next time you have some RG V series bracelets or cases work done Chris?

Else I will gladly take the prototype for my RG A16H :tongue_smilie:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sorry, I'm a little confused here. Is the V and SCB OEM strap using the same 24/20 strap and these buckles will fit both V and SCB series OEM straps.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Sorry, I'm a little confused here. Is the V and SCB OEM strap using the same 24/20 strap and these buckles will fit both V and SCB series OEM straps.
I'm not sure if I completely understand what you're asking, but these new deployants are for 22mm strap ends. The leather straps that came with the V and SCB-series have 20mm strap ends, so I guess they would fit, but loosely/not well.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think the leather strap that came with the V-series is 22/18 and the rubber is 22/22.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I think the leather strap that came with the V-series is 22/18 and the rubber is 22/22.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Oh, you're right!

The leather strap that comes with the Super Combats is 24/20 and because they're the same style as the leather strap that's included with the V-series, I thought they were the same size. Now that I think about it, that obviously can't be the case because the lug widths for the Super Combats and V-series are different!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just received my deploy buckles the other day. They are beautiful!

My one question is that the buckle on the side of the strap with the adjustment "holes" does not stay attached like other deploy buckles that I have or have seen. Did I put it together wrong or is it designed that way?

When it is closed, it looks awesome on my M49 on the rubber strap!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just received my deploy buckles the other day. They are beautiful!

My one question is that the buckle on the side of the strap with the adjustment "holes" does not stay attached like other deploy buckles that I have or have seen. Did I put it together wrong or is it designed that way?

When it is closed, it looks awesome on my M49 on the rubber strap!

That looks beautiful. Definitely going to get one of those. Thanks for posting photos with it fully clasped, it looked bulky in the other photos but looks great on your wrist.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I believe it was designed that way to fit the thicker aftermarket straps.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts