1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
The price is right on the LZ5 & 6!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Anyone have any actual experience with demos? I believe the 95% or better to original statement, but I'm interested in a PVD model and if the 5% was a gash on the face of the case it would kill it for me. I doubt that's the case, but with a no return policy, it makes you think about it.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Anyone have any actual experience with demos? I believe the 95% or better to original statement, but I'm interested in a PVD model and if the 5% was a gash on the face of the case it would kill it for me. I doubt that's the case, but with a no return policy, it makes you think about it.
I can guarantee you that "condition 95%" would rule out any watch with a gash in the PVD on the case. Might see very, VERY minor wear on the clasp of a PVD bracelet -- just as a wild-**sed guess -- but I'd think about giving Bes a shout at the office, if you're concerned about it. Their goal is to ensure customer satisfaction, and the watch's warranties remain in effect, too, so I wouldn't think you'd have much to worry about.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can guarantee you that "condition 95%" would rule out any watch with a gash in the PVD on the case. Might see very, VERY minor wear on the clasp of a PVD bracelet -- just as a wild-**sed guess -- but I'd think about giving Bes a shout at the office, if you're concerned about it. Their goal is to ensure customer satisfaction, and the watch's warranties remain in effect, too, so I wouldn't think you'd have much to worry about.
Thanks for the reply Ladd, I have put a email into Bes, and am waiting for a response. After being on this board for over a year now customer service is the one thing that everyone says the brand stresses beyond everything so I trust it but just figured I'd get a second opinion. The one I'm looking at doesn't come with a PVD band anyway so that takes care of that. ;0)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Another vote for LT's demos. I have purchased 2 (this will be my 3rd) demos so far and I couldn't find anything wrong with them.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Last year on a whim I bought a demo SCB2, the price was great and I could not tell the difference that it was demo/open box from new; and I looked. I checked with Lumtec before I purchased and they said it was in excellent shape, like new. Hard to go wrong for a Titanium watch with an ETA 6498-1 movement in it for 1K, try and find that today. You won't.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hard to go wrong for a Titanium watch with an ETA 6498-1 movement in it for 1K, try and find that today. You won't.
Don't know the difference between the 6498-1 and the 6497 movement but I know you can get that movement in some stunning looking steel cased watches at less than 400euros complete with geneva strips and blued screws.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Don't know the difference between the 6498-1 and the 6497 movement but I know you can get that movement in some stunning looking steel cased watches at less than 400euros complete with geneva strips and blued screws.
The difference between the 6497 and 6498 is just the position of the seconds dial.

The difference between the relative costs of watches available in Europe vs. Lum-Tec (e.g., American assembled and warrantied, etc.) is impossible to assess, except to say that Lum-Tec service, after the sale, is unquestionably better (and more expensive to provide) than anything available on the Continent. :wink:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.