WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

A couple of years ago my wife bought me a Klarstein 10 watch winder box for Xmas

Classic Watch Winder Display Case - Holds 10 Watches - Klarstein.co.uk

There is the link for it to show what it is like, well recently we were having some work done in our room where i kept it so i switched it off and it was put away for three weeks. Once the work was done and i set it up again and it lights up but does not turn the platforms anymore. I know you are supposed to be able to access the internal batteries through the base thinking i could check inside it but i cannot find any way to get into it.

Does any one have any knowledge on how to have a go at fixing one of these pleaseeeeeeeeeeee ??

Take care, Bob.

·
Super Moderator
4,433 Posts
Hi Bob. I have a winder of similar design. On mine the turn tables are pressed into the front panel. I was able to use a putty knife to pop them out for minor repairs like belt replacement. As for a winder that quits rotating, I've tried to work on a couple myself but have not been successful. I notice the web site you linked has a help line phone number. You might try giving them a call. I recently had trouble with one of my winders purchased from an Amazon seller. I sent an email to the seller and received the address to contact for warranty service. I paid shipping to return the winder, the repair was made, and the winder was returned in working order.
Good luck.

·
Registered
330 Posts
My guess: If both platforms don't rotate anymore, highly unlikely both motors failed simultaneously. Maybe just a fuse? They may have fused the motor assembly separately. Or, maybe 1 motor turns both platforms. FWIW, my 2 slot winder had 1 side stop (I thought I'd accidently stripped the gear) for months; I just noticed a couple weeks ago that it was turning again & hasn't stopped since. So, even if you can't fix it, it just might work again someday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts