WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really interested in the new Khaki X-Wind Automatic (Stainless Steel case, black face, leather band) and was wondering if anyone has any comments or experience with this watch?

Also, has anyone ever purchased a Hamilton from Princeton Watches (they advertise on line and you can purchase over the phone)? They are substantially lower priced than Tornneau.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Hi Kramer and welcome to THIS forum.:wink:
I have seen you post elsewhere as well and glad to have you with us here.

Members have that watch and will along soon and can comment. It is a beauty.

I attempted to purchase from that company and the watch ended up being back-ordered into April so I canceled the order. There are other authorized Hamilton dealers that have an online presence. IMHO, just about everyone is cheaper than Tourneau.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Khaki X-wind automatic

THe other on-line dealers I've investigated seem to have a pretty shoddy reputation for actually being able to deliver the product. From what I've seen, of 10 reviews, 8 were positive for Princeton but I have no idea who is actually posting these reviiews so I'm definitely hesitant to buy on line. WOuld love to hear from someone who has actually purchased from them.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
I've never had a problem with Princeton but mileage varies.
The X Wind that I had I got at Macys ,of all places.
They had a 20% off promo going on and I opened an account which got me another 15% off.
I no longer have an account there but the extra savings was worth it.

I often take advantage of these "extras" given if you open an account.
I pay it all of upon receipt of the first bill and get the extra off and no finance charges.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I will be looking at Macy's and another dozen jewelers in NYC this weekend for the best price. Somehow I think I am going to end up on ebay or at Princeton, although I'd rather purchase from a brick and mortar store.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
still no pm...email is working and recieved the welcome from the forum initially so address is right. OK, figured it out, life is good!

·
Registered
149 Posts
X wind pics for u :D

I am really interested in the new Khaki X-Wind Automatic (Stainless Steel case, black face, leather band) and was wondering if anyone has any comments or experience with this watch?

Also, has anyone ever purchased a Hamilton from Princeton Watches (they advertise on line and you can purchase over the phone)? They are substantially lower priced than Tornneau.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

i have an X wind... and i absolutely love it. I have tiny wrists at 6.15 but the watch fits super... Pics for u... i would say go for it :)

i have it on a custom strap rt now

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting that you show it with 3 diff bands...nice but interesting. I'm going for the black face and light brn band or yellow face and dk brn band, purchasing this weekend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts