WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife picked this out as her Christmas present to herself. I will say that she is tiny and this watch is huge. She wanted something different and she sure got it. She knows a bit about watches in general, enough to know why pilot watches are generally very large. She likes the historical military connection that this model evokes.

This is by far the largest watch in our mutual collections. I've had a hard cap at 40mm but this actually wears smaller than the 46mm dimension would suggest. It sits much more comfortably than many of the 42-44mm models I've tried. The case back is relatively flat and the lugs curve downward enough that it sits snugly in place. I think it looks even bigger because it's all dial and very little bezel.

The numerals are steel but highly reflective. When they catch a bit of light, they almost seem like they are lumed. Please enjoy some awful photos of this attractive, easily legible and surprisingly wearable watch.

Here you can see the silver numerals.

And when they catch a bit of light.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I won't get to wear it much once it's new strap arrives. We ordered a custom Martu strap in black with white stitching much like the factory strap but in a very short 60/100mm length for my wife. I won't be able to wear it without changing straps after that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My wife picked this out as her Christmas present to herself. I will say that she is tiny and this watch is huge. She wanted something different and she sure got it. She knows a bit about watches in general, enough to know why pilot watches are generally very large. She likes the historical military connection that this model evokes.

This is by far the largest watch in our mutual collections. I've had a hard cap at 40mm but this actually wears smaller than the 46mm dimension would suggest. It sits much more comfortably than many of the 42-44mm models I've tried. The case back is relatively flat and the lugs curve downward enough that it sits snugly in place. I think it looks even bigger because it's all dial and very little bezel.

The numerals are steel but highly reflective. When they catch a bit of light, they almost seem like they are lumed. Please enjoy some awful photos of this attractive, easily legible and surprisingly wearable watch.

Here you can see the silver numerals.

And when they catch a bit of light.
Beautiful watch!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts