WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally posted this on the Invicta forum, but thought all might be interested in Kent's fantastic work. This is done with the new "premium" SuperLuminova. Thanks to the members here who vouched for Kent's work. I think he did a great job!

All Photos were taken by Kent Parks and used here with permission.

·
Banned
927 Posts
Kent redid the hand and dial lume on my circa 1976 Seiko Bullhead chrono early this year. Wowza! is right. I can't imagine how it's done to such perfection.

Everest Watch Works is highly recommended if you need this service.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kent redid the hand and dial lume on my circa 1976 Seiko Bullhead chrono early this year. Wowza! is right. I can't imagine how it's done to such perfection.

Everest Watch Works is highly recommended if you need this service.
Thank you Datsun. You were one of the members that recommended his service to me initially. And yes, I'm not sure how he does it. The original lume on the markers was perfectly flat and flush with the marker itself. You can see in the photos, that the lume material itself is raised quite substantially above the marker and formed perfectly.

·
Registered
748 Posts
How is his schedule?

last I knew he wasn't taking any new work on...

I have my eye on a vintage piece, and I may have it re-lumed, since it died years ago...

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
How is his schedule?

last I knew he wasn't taking any new work on...

I have my eye on a vintage piece, and I may have it re-lumed, since it died years ago...
That's a good question. I sent him an e-mail Friday asking whether he could do a replacement bezel lume dot, and have not gotten a reply.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AGENT & J!M.... Sometimes he is a little slow with the communication. He will get back to you though. My job took twelve weeks. It was almost unbearable, but as he suggested, and as I suspected, the finished product was WELL worth the wait.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
Thanks, banned. I'm actually thinking I met get the whole watch relumed, especially if I'm going to get a bezel dot that's brighter than the hands and markers!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any chance of before and after photos?
I should have thought of that Steve. I have no pre-SuperLuminova pics of the watch. It had the regular Invicta Tritnite stuff that was'nt very good in my opinion. The only thing I can say is there is a HUGE difference.

·
Banned
927 Posts
I agree about his communication times... sometimes he was a little slow to respond but he eventually does. My watch was with him for about 5-6 weeks, and at the time he estimated about a 3-4 week turnaround.

In any event, it was well worth the wait, and I again highly recommend him for his masterful work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts