WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two and I rarely time anything. Don't get to the track much where a real use might be found. Often forget I've turned it on and only discover it long after what I was timing is over. I seem to have bought them due to their asthetics.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Rectangle
Watch Analog watch Light Product Clock

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
I used to time my drives on the Schuylkill and A.C. Expressways - but that was depressing because of all the crawling traffic. I've timed fly balls at baseball games. Other stupid things too, like how long my mother's run on sentences lasted. It's a totally unnecessary complication that's a lot of fun.

·
Registered
598 Posts
You're kidding! I use 'em for lots of stuff.

Kitchen: Eggs, pasta, cakes in the oven
Bathroom: How long the girlfriend takes to get ready to go out
Rest of the house: telephone conversations I don't want to be involved in
Commute:Interval between trains, travel time between stations
Lab: various actual useful things that need timing
Conferences: length of presentations, length of presentation devoted to self-promotion compared with length devoted to presenting data
the uses are endless...

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
My son plays keeper in Soccer....I time the halfs.

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
109 Posts
I used to time my drives on the Schuylkill and A.C. Expressways - but that was depressing because of all the crawling traffic. I've timed fly balls at baseball games. Other stupid things too, like how long my mother's run on sentences lasted. It's a totally unnecessary complication that's a lot of fun.
Did you time Jason Werth's WOHR last night (not very long)? It was beyond words for Nationals fans. We are so starved.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I don't think anyone in the United States knows what a 'keeper' is or what a 'half' of soccer might be.

I too wander about chronographs. I only have one because it looks like a Daytona. I never know what to do with it and it annoys me to have the face all messed up with useless data that distracts from the watches main function. But, I guess the watches main function is to look cool, so I suppose it is all right if you like that look.

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
Did you time Jason Werth's WOHR last night (not very long)? It was beyond words for Nationals fans. We are so starved.
Sure did - and Raul's game tying AND game winning homers. Just saw Raul drive in Tex for the only run scored in the game today too. I'm a Phillies and a Baltimore fan, but good baseball is still good baseball. It helps that Werth and Mondesi are both ex-Phillies, but they just play for the upstarts and the Evil Empire.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I deliver fuel for a living. Occasionally a compartment on the truck will not fit into the tank and has to be split. Overfilling is a concern, so I time off the load based on a flow rate of 1000 litres per minute. The accuracy has come in very handy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.