·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another photo for you enjoyment. Wow....this watch is pretty. :drool:

·
Banned
475 Posts
I absolutely hate the look of the YMII (which I've tried on and it weighs like a brick) in comparison to this one... Great shot!!

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice! Always like seeing pictures that are not set at 1010 as well.

Well, the idea for 10:10 is maximize visibilty of the dial and what's printed on it. 10:10 doesn't work so well for most Rolex dials...the hour hand obscures some of the information printed in the top half. So I tend to go 9:10 which works better. :001_wub:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great pic, John. Out of all the watches in the Rolex line the YM is my favorite and likely the one I'll one day buy...as soon as I feel comfortable breaking the $1,500 barrier.

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
You have been busy John...:thumbup::thumbup:

Excellent shots...:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great pic, John. Out of all the watches in the Rolex line the YM is my favorite and likely the one I'll one day buy...as soon as I feel comfortable breaking the $1,500 barrier.
Thanks much. Try to get comfortable as soon as possible...the longer you wait, the more Rolex price increases will have you right back ouside your comfort zone again. :lol::wink:

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've never fallen for the YM, if there was one thing that could make me do it, it would be a JBH super-pic!
:thumbup:
Actually I don't think photos do this watch justice....I saw photos for years and thought "eh...not very exciting." But then I tried it on and...WOW! :001_wub:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Actually I don't think photos do this watch justice....I saw photos for years and thought "eh...not very exciting." But then I tried it on and...WOW! :001_wub:
If any pictures do this watch justice, it's yours! I tried this very watch on again yesterday at my AD. He is looking for a TT white/black onyx one for me. He also had me try on a TT blue dial that was just unbelievably stunning. The only thing that kept me from buying it right there is that I reminded myself that a blue sub is also on my wish list, so I decided to hold out for the white dial. You have to see the blue dial in person, though, to really appreciate it. More subtle blue than the sub, and just beautiful, especially when surrounded by the gold bezel.

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If any pictures do this watch justice, it's yours! I tried this very watch on again yesterday at my AD. He is looking for a TT white/black onyx one for me. He also had me try on a TT blue dial that was just unbelievably stunning. The only thing that kept me from buying it right there is that I reminded myself that a blue sub is also on my wish list, so I decided to hold out for the white dial. You have to see the blue dial in person, though, to really appreciate it. More subtle blue than the sub, and just beautiful, especially when surrounded by the gold bezel.
Thanks for the kind words...one of the guys that infrequently stops by here (JJ) had a TT/blue dial YM for a while and we saw lots of photos of his. It is different...more sublte than the blue dial on the sub.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi John

That is absolutely the most gorgeous shot of the Yachtmaster I have ever seen.

As it turns out, I tried on one today at an AD.

I was wondering - did you get the clasp replaced with the more substantial Daytona one?

And if one does, would the gap between the clasp and the bracelet still be there?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great shot (as usual...)!!
I have always loved the red second hand on the SS/Platinum Yachtmaster. It adds that (very) little bit of colour that makes the dial even more attracting.

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi John

That is absolutely the most gorgeous shot of the Yachtmaster I have ever seen.

As it turns out, I tried on one today at an AD.

I was wondering - did you get the clasp replaced with the more substantial Daytona one?

And if one does, would the gap between the clasp and the bracelet still be there?

Nope....didn't want to spend $800.00 for a clasp. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great shot (as usual...)!!
I have always loved the red second hand on the SS/Platinum Yachtmaster. It adds that (very) little bit of colour that makes the dial even more attracting.
I agree! :thumbup1:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts