1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's called "ColorSplash"....

Nice results and very easy to use.
I used it on iOs platform and I am not
sure if it is available also for Android.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, very simple.
It changes any image to grayscale and then with various brushes you can bring color back - or make corrections back to grayscale if you have "fat fingers" ;)

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Thanks Milos - I've tried GIMP before but found it too rich in features when I was only looking for some basic editing tools. I didn't want to spend too long working out a lot of processes to get things done, but perhaps it's better now (you mention it's more intuitive).
I'll check out Paint-Net.

Cheers :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
I tried installing Paint.net - all I can recommend is NOT to touch it :cursing:. I just spent the last hour removing all traces (I hope) of the crapware that is bundled with it. I TRIED to bypass installing anything other than the software itself but even after declining to install one of the 'addons' it went ahead and installed itself (the SmartIM browswer bar).
I had to use Crapcleaner, Malwarebytes and a manual registry scan to get rid of all of it (at least I hope so). The end result was still no Paint.Net program.
Either they've made it more difficult since you installed it, or I made one wrong selection (I work in IT - I KNOW about these garbage programs and don't usually get sucked in :001_rolleyes:). I should've 'sandboxed' it but didn't think it would be that bad...
Thanks anyway

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Milos - I've tried GIMP before but found it too rich in features when I was only looking for some basic editing tools. I didn't want to spend too long working out a lot of processes to get things done, but perhaps it's better now (you mention it's more intuitive).
I'll check out Paint-Net.

Cheers :thumbup1:
I agree, many of its features are still too complex but they are there if you need them.
Nevertheless, 'selective coloring' on PC needs layers, so I would just use these above
mentioned programs only for these features.
For my regular - 'on-the-fly' image editing I use FastStone Image Viewer.
I absolutely love this software. It's also great for quick viewing of hundreds of images
where I just 'weed-out' those that I do not want and where I can do quick,
color, shadows and crop adjustments. This is where I dump all the images initially
after I do a big photo-shoot or come home from a vacation with hundreds of pictures.

It also has a neat watermarking and framing feature. Only if I do something special,
I would drag the image out to Oloneo or Photoshop afterwards.
FastStone image Viewer is very small, lightning-fast and super easy to learn image editing SW.

BTW, it has also great batch-processing features.

Here are some other screen-shots:

Quick Image Viewer

Options / Settings:

Watermarking:

Also comes with slideshow builder:

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

original image - iPhone5

Edited on the phone with Camera+

Edited on the phone with ColorSplash

Googled this image of sky

Blended in Photoshop for the final effect

Here is another sample of ColorSplash coming handy as I used it for editing of (as you can see) not so flattering
original overexposed image that I was taking against the sun in front of my office:

Finally got the front plate from my home country installed. Original image later blended
with the 'clouds image' to become a wallpaper)

After both images were blended, I also ran it quickly through Noiseware Professional to reduce some noise.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/FL_Investor/01_B_W_plate_1920x1080wallpaper_filteredCL.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.