WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this for $99 plus shipping. I'm not an expert on these watches but I really like the unique movement and style of the watch. I've seen some on sale for 800-900$ so I thought this might be a decent deal if it turns out ok. Here are the pics from the seller, any red flags? Did I get ripped off like a n00b? I would have preferred it not be in gold tone but I like that it appears to have the original band.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
The movement looks in good condition (no signs of corrosion) and I think you got a good buy for the money. Congrats and wear it in the best of health.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I always feel a little more confident about ebay purchases if I get some reassurance from someone. It looks like the face is a little discolored, is that something that can be fixed up at a watch repair shop?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Thanks, I always feel a little more confident about ebay purchases if I get some reassurance from someone. It looks like the face is a little discolored, is that something that can be fixed up at a watch repair shop?
Most vintage watch collectors keep the watch as much as possible to the original parts. Unless the crystal is cracked or badly scratched, I suggest keeping the watch as it is. Your dial looks fine with the age, it does put character to it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Most vintage watch collectors keep the watch as much as possible to the original parts. Unless the crystal is cracked or badly scratched, I suggest keeping the watch as it is. Your dial looks fine with the age, it does put character to it.

Cheers!
I agree it looks good the way it is, but should you want to, a dial can be redone, but I would only do it if it was really in bad shape, which yours is not...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It came!

I forgot to post a shot of it on my wrist, here you go. I love it. Great size, keeps great time, very stylish. The font of the lettering on the face is so classic 60s.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You have a very nice watch there...

That model would have been fairly expensive when new. It is actually gold plated(see CGP on the inside of the case back) and it has the highest calibre 'Jet' movement available at that time.

Enjoy this one just as it is :thumbup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it is real gold! I was wondering because it really looked too good to be "gold tone" and I didn't think fake gold would last that long in such good condition. Thanks for the info. I wonder what it did cost new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts