WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Green Material property Font Rectangle Wood
I just got this SS Zenith Daytona, U serial number. It is a one owner watch and a complete set. Both hang tags are under the pillow and the green sticker is still on the back. I think I will continue to wear my TT Datejust 1601. It was bought new 10/15/99 and worn about a dozen times and than put away until now.:biggrin:

·
Registered
28 Posts
View attachment 32075 I just got this SS Zenith Daytona, U serial number. It is a one owner watch and a complete set. Both hang tags are under the pillow and the green sticker is still on the back. I think I will continue to wear my TT Datejust 1601. It was bought new 10/15/99 and worn about a dozen times and than put away until now.:biggrin:
Don't get it ?...didn't you buy it to water it and enjoy it?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll give you guys the low down. I am legally blind and the Daytona is the hardest watch to see that I have ever had, I think it is the white dial with the sub dials crowding the hands for me. I can see my Datejust with a gold dial, but of course I can't see the date. My GMT 1675 was the best. I bought that new over thirty years ago and still had everything that it came with. I was made an offer I just could not turn down. It funded more than half the price of my 16520 Daytona, one owner, with complete set. I really am in a quandry about keeping the Daytona and wait until I can buy a different Rolex model. Actually from seeing them here and on ebay, I think the Milgauss would be great. Contrast is good and the dial is very clean and unclutted, but it still is a sport watch of sorts. I don't want another dress watch. So that's my story and I am sticking to it!:001_smile:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks John, I just could not give it up though. I will just have to wait until I can buy a Milgauss outright. Finding any 15 year old or older watch with a complete set and one owner does not come along everyday.

·
Registered
168 Posts
While many Rolex watches can turn out to have a decent ROI, I wear all my watches. :biggrin:
I am perplexed how you see many Rolex watches can turn out to have a decent ROI. One, IMHO, should not consider a timepiece as an investment, as more often than not, one will not recover the full purchase price, or if they do, it will take X amount of time to do so, and in that amount of time, more money could have been made via investing in other means. Are there exceptions? Yes, of course, just like any collectible market (autographs, memorabilia, vehicles, etc.); however, IMHO, one should not consider a purchase of a watch in hopes of acquiring a profit over x amount of time.

Just MHO, and I would very much entertain how others feel.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am perplexed how you see many Rolex watches can turn out to have a decent ROI. One, IMHO, should not consider a timepiece as an investment, as more often than not, one will not recover the full purchase price, or if they do, it will take X amount of time to do so, and in that amount of time, more money could have been made via investing in other means. Are there exceptions? Yes, of course, just like any collectible market (autographs, memorabilia, vehicles, etc.); however, IMHO, one should not consider a purchase of a watch in hopes of acquiring a profit over x amount of time.

Just MHO, and I would very much entertain how others feel.
I did not buy the Daytona as an investment, but since you have mentioned that, I will tell you I have already been offered a $3000.00 profit by a TRF member to sell it. I turned it down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.