WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This watch is simply beautiful, and the price I got her for was a steal, I will say, this watch was tough in switching out the battery, lifting the crystal and popping out the crown and half male stem was the easiest part, the movement is in a tight case, the dial is free to move around, the reflector ring was also just sitting on the dial, once I had the movement out, the dial was just hanging on by the hands as I was hoping out the battery retaining clip and switching out the battery for a fresh 397S, but, like many of these Electrics she appeared to want to work, but would stop, when I finally put a dab of Moebius oil on the lower stem of the balance, than she came back to life and took off ticking away. getting her back into the case was also troublesome, because as related earlier the case was very tight, but once in, and put all back together, I couldn't believe the beauty of this simple looking watch, prior to putting her back into the case, I cleaned and polished the case, after sanding off the inscription, once together I sanded down the crystal and polished her up to a very nice shine, crystal turned out very nice, looking as new as the day she was placed on the watch. Did I mention, I got her for a steal.... $68.00

AUCTION PAGE

AUCTION PHOTOS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts