WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and was hoping you all can give me some history and what you think the market is on it. Serial # 322042 and marked #4377. Screw down crown marked "Oyster Patent". The second hand and minute hand are loose but otherwise in great shape and working. Anyone know what to do about that problem with the hands? Thanks....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
20 people have looked...anyone have anything like it or give me insight on it. It was on ebay and the guy actually lived down the street from me so I emailed him and struck a deal. I am thinking brown croc strap but want some insight on this piece....thanks guys!

·
Registered
590 Posts
21 now, Sorry man, got a rolex but not the knowledge.
there are other forums??

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Well, any competant watchmaker should be able to fix the hands if they are loose.

My Rolex experiese is spotty at best earlier than 1970, and pretty much comes to a screeching halt earlier than 1960. You might have better luck on the vintage Rolex forum if you're looking for market data/value.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks John...I am being told it is a rare and prob original dial. I dropped it at my AD for him to tighten the hands and give me a value. May trade on an old Airking or ???? :)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
GMT, I'm not a professional, but I do gawk at some of the vintage Rolex websites out there.

If I were a betting man (and indeed I am) I'd say you have a Rolex Bubbleback. Exactly which Bubbleback is hard for me to tell as Rolex wasn't nearly as "corporate" back then and there were many inconsistencies with mismatched dial/hand/crown combinations. Bubblebacks are more common than you'd think as lots of GIs picked them up during WW2 (and for years afterwards) and brought them home. I've seen some with very similar dials albeit with slightly different print. Again, the dial markings/hands/crown combo you have could well be very rare. I'll PM you with a link to a guy that has one somewhat similar to yours.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Nice find. I doubt getting the hands tightened will be a problem. You see so few of that model today--it sounds like we all need a refresher course.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! I dropped off at my AD a few days ago for him to appraise it and tighten hands....It's a neat watch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts