WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a vintage Waltham (70's ish when it was a Swiss company) that has an FHF 905 automatic movement in it. i noticed that Gerard Perrigaux used the same movement in the gyromatics of the same era. is the FHF a "high end" movement? or was it like what they do now (take a ETA and re finish it?) they don't look much different from each other. then again, im not sure how "high end" GP was back in the 70's.

thanks in advance. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Considering other GP movements from that time I would have to say it is not necessarily a "high end" movement in terms of expense (assuming that's you're understanding of high end). Though mass produced, the movement in your watch is probably fairly strong and accurate for the price.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i have a vintage Waltham (70's ish when it was a Swiss company) that has an FHF 905 automatic movement in it. i noticed that Gerard Perrigaux used the same movement in the gyromatics of the same era. is the FHF a "high end" movement? or was it like what they do now (take a ETA and re finish it?) they don't look much different from each other. then again, im not sure how "high end" GP was back in the 70's.

thanks in advance. :thumbup1:
Also, your google searches might be more successful with "Girard Perregaux" :thumbup1:. Just teasing.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol: thanks. My bad. Posting at midnight (now 1:30) is never a good idea. *falls asleep*

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
I think you're giving GP too much credit. Going by what I've read in other posts, they were not as "high end" back then as they are today.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CometHunter said:
I think you're giving GP too much credit. Going by what I've read in other posts, they were not as "high end" back then as they are today.
Yeah your right. But I know riled used some FHF manual winds in they're watches back in the 50s and 60s I think. GP wasn't all that back then lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts