WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
I felt sorry for Marion Jones. I haven't followed the case closely but it is my belief that she knew nothing about it at first, having been given it by her trainer or whoever.

At least she had the courage to come out with it.

Someone like the Canadian Ben Johnson is another matter altogether.

I also do not think the case against Floyd Landis is proven either but there is also a witch hunt culture existing that seems to brand athletes as users before the case is established imho. Some of this is based on the forces of tradition who believe that new blood from unexpected circles have no business winning. Yet no one has ever been able to prove anything against Lance Armstrong for instance. Not that there was ever anything to prove. He proved it all on the track and in the mountains.

And one other thing - isn't it a fact of law that one is innocent until proven guilty?

Sorry about venting.:001_rolleyes:

Be well now pals

ZIN

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr. Houston, in the press, the court of public opinion outweighs the trial itself. I am not saying I agree or disagree with it; however, in today's times with all the allegations of steroid, HGH, drug, and other abuses, fans and the press are quick to convict.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
It is only fair that her medals be taken from her and that any of her records be stricken, because she was performing under the influence of performance enhancing drugs.

In the arena of athletic endeavor, athletes are supposed to compete without unfair advantage.

If she did and she admits it, then whether or not she knew it at the time is immaterial.

It's heartbreaking, I'm sure, but if competitive sports are to maintain any credibility at all, this is what must be done.

Otherwise, just ditch the rule books and let people do whatever it takes to win.

That's certainly one way to do it, but it's not civilized.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts