WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jim Skelton's delivery is spot on. As an actor I've been watching his technique. He waits and never speaks more quickly than he has to in his selling giving wonderful weight to the 'action' words and words of interest then he'll speed up just a bit before slowing down again making sure you-can-understand-each word. By the time he's through it's as if he's described an incredible and delicious meal. He may then tell you where the scrumptious dish originated from and makes you want to justify in your own mind why your gravestone must include the words 'Value Pay' . . . . since you will die before paying for all the watches he has sold you.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree fully. Now, if only Eyal Lalo could learn to do that, the Invicta shows would be all that much more fun to watch. As it is, I much prefer the show when it's just Jim.

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Any successful salesman also posesses great acting and other "influential" attributes.
If they don't make you comfortable then you won't buy their lines!!

·
Banned
927 Posts
Of all the TV watchsellers, he is the best at what he does IMO. And what Foghorn said is absolutely spot-on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts