·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
@ Grady
I really like the echo drive!:thumbup1:

I have different model and I also purchased one for my wife last year. I have been impressed with Citizen for a long time and I really like their 5 year warranties! While I have not needed to test their CS a friend of mine that has been wearing them for years said they were great.

I really like not cracking the case for a battery change and citizen claims the cell will last up to 20 years. That would be very cool by me.

Anyway, very fine looking watch!:thumbup1::thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
@ Grady
I really like the echo drive!:thumbup1:

I have different model and I also purchased one for my wife last year. I have been impressed with Citizen for a long time and I really like their 5 year warranties! While I have not needed to test their CS a friend of mine that has been wearing them for years said they were great.

I really like not cracking the case for a battery change and citizen claims the cell will last up to 20 years. That would be very cool by me.

Anyway, very fine looking watch!:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Me, too. I have a slightly different Eco-Drive model. This is a quick shot taken with flash just after I got in from the morning walk. There's a little glare from the crystal because of the flash angle - too lazy to set it up properly.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
@ Grady
I really like the echo drive!
Thanks, timebender.

I might never have tried this this type of Citizen, if it were not a gift. Of all the watches that I have, this one impresses me most.

Busy dials on watches that aren't chronographs put me off, but I have grown to like the looks of this one, especially now that I understand the technology underlying the various sub-dials.

Analog watches are a pain in the patootie to set, but this one is a breeze, because pulling the stem out to the second position automatically brings the second hand to twelve (no waiting for it to get there) and just a slight turn of the crown moves the minute hand to the next or previous minute. A more vigorous turn starts both hands in continuous motion until you turn back on the crown ever so slightly.

To synchronize this watch with NIST takes less than a minute. With all my other analog watches it takes at least two minutes and usually more if I get distracted.

Add the rotating bezel and you've got a good-looking, practical, and precise timepiece with a huge wow factor.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thanks, timebender.

I might never have tried this this type of Citizen, if it were not a gift. Of all the watches that I have, this one impresses me most.

Busy dials on watches that aren't chronographs put me off, but I have grown to like the looks of this one, especially now that I understand the technology underlying the various sub-dials.

Analog watches are a pain in the patootie to set, but this one is a breeze, because pulling the stem out to the second position automatically brings the second hand to twelve (no waiting for it to get there) and just a slight turn of the crown moves the minute hand to the next or previous minute. A more vigorous turn starts both hands in continuous motion until you turn back on the crown ever so slightly.

To synchronize this watch with NIST takes less than a minute. With all my other analog watches it takes at least two minutes and usually more if I get distracted.

Add the rotating bezel and you've got a good-looking, practical, and precise timepiece with a huge wow factor.
Very cool Grady!:cool1: Which one did you get? Pictures?
The one I have posted came with a DVD and I had it all set and running in less than 10 minutes.:w00t:
Very, very user friendly!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
@ casyjones3, I really love that design but it is just a tad bit large for my taste. I have posted before about that watch, I wish Invicta would make a baby version, lets say around 46mm and I would jump all over it!:drool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts