WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at an authorized dealer yesterday that carries Patek, Omega, Blancpain, IWC - just to name a few of their luxury brands - and my Jacques Lemans 2834 Big Day caused a mini-sensation with the staff.
Despite the holiday crowds, they were actually passing around my watch and scoping it out. (I took it off to try on a 50 Fathoms). All were stunned by the quality - though they'd never heard of the brand (lol!).
This particular watch is part of the Geneve series with a wonderfully decorated movement. Jacques Lemans offers very good value on their Swiss made pieces.
So when you hear this kind of stuff on TVland, I can attest it's true. Very strange, indeed.

Not some of my better pix:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Among my favorite of watches and the best value I have at its price point. I have two all SS one brown and one blue and one with a white dial and solid 18kt bezel. I get more compliments on the ss/18kt one than most any other watch I own. If they drop any more in price after 1/1 I'm sure I will buy another one with the 18kt bezel. There is a certain amount of pride involved when you know your watch is not just gold plated but solid 18kt. And being made in Geneve also carries some weight. I second Boscoes opinion of this brand and this watch in particular.

·
Registered
345 Posts
No idea what the suggested MSRP is as they are always so phony???? Seem to remember about 1500.00 for the all SS and 2500.00 for the 18kt bezel. But what counts is the current(not factoring in any coupons) price of 399.00 or 699.00 at that home shopping TV channels website. With the value pays not too expensive. But remember Jacques Lemans makes watches at many price points and only a few of its watches are made in Geneve and fewer are automatics with those with the 2834/2 full day ETA being the rarest. Most of the jacques Lemans watches also do not have the level five decorated movements that these do. Very pretty. Lior also has hundreds of Jacques Lemans models on his website at good prices but no value pays.

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The MSRP on the watch is about $1400, which is what it supposedly sells for (less AD discount) in Europe. I don't know if I buy that. These were between $400 and $500 on tvland. The solid 18k gold bezel ( a beauty) started out at $800. Can't remember the Msrp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts