WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and wanted to find what exactly which model is the Doppel Double Chrono. I prefer the older model sometime in Year 2000 which has the smooth dial. The newer models have the split dials which i am not too keen on. Just a preference i guess. I remember seeing it coming with a black strap. Does it come with a plain casing at the back or is it a see-thru movement back? Anyone got the model number or photos which i can reference to? Most appreciated.

Cheers, Peter

·
Banned
90 Posts
Classic Doppel Chrono

Among the first doppel models were the 3711 (1993-1995) followed by the 3713 in production for about 10 years. Of course there are the follow up ceramic doppel, the Top Gun, etc.

See the post below to see my newly acquired 3711, but here is the dial and back. No it is not a display back since the watch is protected by a faraday cage for anti-magnetic properties.

Bill

The movement with the case off:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Nice watch you've got there. Does the 3713 come with the Tang buckle or Deployment buckle? Also, does anyone know if the white face is rarer compared to the black face? Does the white face come with gold numberings and blue needles?

·
Banned
90 Posts
The doppel originally came with two strap options: a steel bracelet and a croc strap with tang buckle. Obviously, a deployant can be retrofitted to it. I am in the hunt for a steel bracelet to replace the non-original strap on the watch when I purchased it.

Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know if 3713 comes in white face? I tend to prefer the white face to the black face. Is the white face a special order version? Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts