WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
IWC Service

Has anyone dealt with IWC's Customer Service, had to turn their watch in for repair, or anything of this nature? How are they to deal with? And has anyone got a discount on their IWC? Thanks! :)
I have heard nothing but praise for the service from IWC. Depending on the level of service required, it may take some additional time, but comments are always that IWC does a superb job.

There is a IWC / Richemont service center in NYC. More complex repairs are done in Schaffhausen. About a year ago or so, IWC stopped providing independent repair services from getting access to parts. Now, you generally have to deal with IWC directly via your AD or sending your watch to them directly.

From my knowledge, IWC provides superior service and makes a great effort to support collectors.

Bill

·
Banned
90 Posts
TF

Perhaps I am wrong, but a long time IWC repair firm in the East is no longer an authorized IWC repair center. Perhaps others are still in existance and I misread the intent. I am clearly not speaking for IWC or their policies.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Scott,

I think you are exactly right. If IWC decides only to repair their watches themselves, they are not obliged to sell their parts to anyone. They are not discriminating against anyone. The customer has fewer, but potentially better repair service and records of what has been done to any individual IWC watch.

It puts gray market watches in a bit of a bind for warranty work. Without an official AD's stamp /certification, warranty work will be denied by IWC and there is no other option for an authorized, non IWC repair center. Of course, IWC will do the repairs for the normal fee.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.