WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Thanks Ulack. Yes, I would like to see a nice big pic. I'm thinking that is a very solid-looking watch and I take it the price is right. Oh, and what in the world are all the knobs for???? Why does it need 3 crowns? I don't get it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looks like that model is a limited edition, originally sold from their site for a little over $1k (currently says out of stock). I did a quick search for it to see it bigger myself, and this is the largest shot I saw. Would love to see some wrist shots for it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like that model is a limited edition, originally sold from their site for a little over $1k (currently says out of stock). I did a quick search for it to see it bigger myself, and this is the largest shot I saw. Would love to see some wrist shots for it.

The third knob is a helium release valve. It's also a good piece of irrelevant gear to have people ask what it's for (apart from those of us who due saturation diving). I think I'll tell people it adjusts the flux capacitor. I wondered about the "Pre-order Early June " and "Availability: Out of stock." at the CW website where I purchased, I think this means I'll be waiting until June to take delivery. CW website seemed willing to take my money so we will see...

Thank all of you for the interest. More photos when it arrives.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
If I ever start buying watches online I'm in deep trouble.

Nice buy there uglyone4u.
I buy ALL my watches online. I'm careful to pick websites that have a no fault return policy. Being 3000 miles from anywhere make it difficult to look and touch before buying and so I've become a careful online shopper. Many boutique manufactories offer direct sales online RGM, Lum-Tec and CW to name just a few. I have also bought from the bay, worlds largest grey market.

This particular piece is my first diver. I wanted one that didn't look like all the other Divers. It's titanium so a little lighter. CW put in an ETA 2824-2 movement with COSC certification to drive it. Comes with a rubber band so I'll be changing that; it's just too hot in the tropics to wear rubber unless you're in the water. Water resistance is 50ATM that's 500 metres or 1500 feet for the metrically handicapped. Finally a shower safe watch, more when it arrives!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.