WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

I've been slimed by Archieluxury.

20K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  incontrol 
#1 ·
I've been personally attacked by self proclaimed watch expert ArchieLuxury and I don't know whether to take it as a complement or a criticism. Is the enemy of my enemy my friend ? I received a PM from my buddy and fellow member Nicko alerting me to the fact that ArchieLuxury did a video slamming my Panerai 341, using several stolen photos from my photo bucket account. The video is full of foul language so be careful if you choose to click on the link. He uses many of my photos of the watch but does not use my wrist shots, instead he chooses someone with a much smaller frame to emphasize the size of the piece. Also for some unknown reason he uses a photo from my account of 5 Pateks....not sure at all why it's in there.

60mm Wrist Watch Craziness! When will the stupidity stop? Panerai Madness - YouTube

At first I thought should I try and have this removed, should I sweat it at all, do I let him just continue to look like an idiot as his facts are his own, the Panerai Egiziano was first introduced in the mid 1950's while the quartz watch was a product of the 1970's.....so by my math, the Egiziano was designed prior to the quartz scene.

Well I decided I should just let it ride, maybe Karma has a way of working things out...

(again this is ArchieLuxury so be careful, foul language warning)

ArchieLuxury Returns to Australia - Loses his job, Faces a huge Tax bill and gets his Patek seized! - YouTube

Cheers,
Rob

See less See more
#5 ·
Is that guy for real? What's his point?
Yes, he's for real. He's been doing this for years. He has no point other than shouting his opinions.

Rob - I'd contact him and tell him he didn't ask for permission to use your photos. While I agree that it's nothing to get indignant about, and kind of novel to say you were part of one of his rants, he needs to be smacked in the head just on general principle. Make him grovel..... politely, without cursing. If he doesn't, threaten to contact You Tube and file a complaint to have the video removed. That'll wrankle Archie!

#4 ·
How can one take anyone seriously who uses such over-the-top gratuitous cursing and vulgarity?

It says more about what he thinks of his viewers than he does the watch.

I made it to the 1:28 mark before I couldn't bear to listen anymore.

#7 ·
I've seen a couple his videos before and have a hard time bringing myself to watch them in their entirety. His constant use of vulgar language is just an immediate turn off. He usually just sounds like he's making a drunken rant.

As to your pictures, Rob, I'd probably contact him just because I wouldn't want to help the guy out in any way. If it was a decent video I probably would mind, but this guy just turns out garbage.

#10 ·
Folks, listen...guys like ArchieLuxury are just paid hacks, no different than Dotti Primrose from Weekly World News. Very, very few people live that way, and those that do are too busy to waste time on YouTube or writing for pretentious men's magazines. I suggest you just ignore him. Maybe contact a lawyer and see about a DMCA complaint on those pictures?

Or...just ignore the hacks and their constant trolling. They are to horology what David Toma was to the 'just say no' movement - loudmouth windbags long on emotion and short on facts.

#14 ·
...They are to horology what David Toma was to the 'just say no' movement - loudmouth windbags long on emotion and short on facts.
Why do you think that?
Toma was with the Newark NJ police department for 16 years- 11 of them in the detective bureau and had made close to 7,000 arrests in total.
That really doesn't sound like being short on facts.

#11 · (Edited)
The world is full of people who are a few fries short of a happy meal. Archie is one of them. Social media gives these people a forum and a following. In times past Archie would be one of the street people, wandering aimlessly and shouting at strangers. Today, thanks to YouTube, he has a stage and your photos became his props. It is unfortunate. I would suggest ignoring him. You give people space in your head when you let their inappropiate behavior disturb your serenity. Life is far too short to resent the behavior of fools.

#16 ·
The world is full of people who are a few fries short of a happy meal. Archie is one of them. Social media gives these people a forum and a following. In times past Archie would be one of the street people, wandering aimlessly and shouting at strangers. Today, thanks to YouTube, he has a stage and your photos became his props. It is unfortunate. I would suggest ignoring him. You give people space in your head when you let their inappropriate behavior disturb your serenity. Life is far too short to resent the behavior of fools.
This post is perfect. Yeah, I guess YouTube has become the new Hyde Park - anyone may rant about anything at all. I guess that's what makes free speech so wonderful yet so dangerous. ;o)

#13 ·
I picture Archie Luxury as a 400 + pound social misfit who rarely shaves, bathes or leaves his one room apartment or the chair in front of his computer of which he has good mastery. I doubt that he has a friend or has ever had a girlfriend. His sole and lonely pleasure in life is pulling everybody's leg.

#25 ·
This unctuous Yutz just gets funnier all the time. Go to "The Archie Luxury Channel" website and look at the CONTACT page. Under the given email address, he tells you that if you include A FIVE DOLLAR DONATION he guarantees a personal response to your email! Can you believe it??? My jaw dropped when I read that.

#31 ·
In all seriousness I think he's basically joking around...but is doing it with real watch knowlege (not to be confused with watch experience however). He's just like The Watch Snob over at AskMen .com...except A.L. can be seen and heard instead of just being read. If it weren't for the fact he blatantly steals other people's photos and uses them as his own I would be happy to just ignore the fact he exists.

#33 ·
To the best of my knowledge he hasn't claimed actual ownership of the watches whose images he stole. But neither does he give proper credit to those photos which have in fact been taken by others (Donut being a perfect example). He therefore allows others to get the impression they're either his watches or his photos of other people's watches. And in my book that is dishonesty by way of omission.

Please note that I'm not trying to change your mind...I'm simply stating the facts as I see them.

#34 ·
To the best of my knowledge he hasn't claimed actual ownership of the watches whose images he stole. But neither does he give proper credit to those photos which have in fact been taken by others (Donut being a perfect example). He therefore allows others to get the impression they're either his watches or his photos of other people's watches. And in my book that is dishonesty by way of omission.
I don't get that impression and I never have had - but I suppose perception is in the eye of the beholder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.