WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined WTF because of all the knowledgeable longtime collectors here and on the Hammy Forum. Any news if any might be returning now that the honorable former owner has taken his sheckles and gone elsewhere? These Forums are a ghosttown without Rene, Mark, Bryan, Tom, Adam, Rick, Randy, Will, and the rest... not to mention their photos, catalogs, and great toys to share. Might the new owners reach out an olive branch?

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I joined WTF because of all the knowledgeable longtime collectors here and on the Hammy Forum. Any news if any might be returning now that the honorable former owner has taken his sheckles and gone elsewhere? These Forums are a ghosttown without Rene, Mark, Bryan, Tom, Adam, Rick, Randy, Will, and the rest... not to mention their photos, catalogs, and great toys to share. Might the new owners reach out an olive branch?
Hello Paul!

There have been a bunch of recent changes to the Forum lately that many folks see as a BIG step in the right direction!
Jeff has returned as a Mod (Valtyr) and we hope that some of the folks that left because of changes, will return to
once again to share their horology and expertise.:thumbup:

G

·
Super Moderator
16,889 Posts
I'm hoping all of the old gang comes back as well. But just wishing isn't going to make that happen. We have to do our fair share to encourage them to come back.
Let's keep a positive attitude at all times. Participate often. Hone our picture taking and posting skills. Don't be afraid to have fun. Enjoy and share our watches- don't just possess them.

They're going to want to come back to a familiar site...not simply join up with a revamped one.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I did not know that Jeff was back ! ! ! !

I am starting to see some VERY familiar folks around here these days again.

Post some new things people and we'll see if we can't bring the American Forum back to it's former glory ! ! ! !

I just finished up with a NICE post WWI Elgin today, I'll start a thread and post some of the results.

·
Registered
656 Posts
It takes time to rinse a bad taste out of your mouth.

We're definitely going in the right direction!
Sure does take some time for the bad taste to go away, but it helps a little that I haven't seen the wrecking ball around here lately (appropriate name for that guy). Things are looking up, and the return of Dennis & Jeff are big bright spots! Here's to the future!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.