WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to our fave AD and his wife this afternoon. I waited till now to beat the Omega price increase and was successful, but in the process, learned that the increase is now scheduled for January 15th, but the practical timing to beat the increase is NOW!

Was told that the old prices will apply to the stock on hand, because even if they place orders before 1/15, that they will sit on them and ship the products after the 15th and charge the new prices to the AD. Sure wasn't the way business used to be done, but they said that most all are doing it that way, nowadays.

As many of my elderly ham radio cronies are fond of saying..."it's not my world anymore"! :sad:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what didja' order??

Joel
Just the garden variety Speedy Pro 3570.50, Joel. It'll fit right in with the rest of my Omegas and no accumulation of Omegas should be without one, or so I'm told. :001_rolleyes:

Sold the Stowa in my signature (don't get that dressed that often and the others go fine with anything I wear), so there is a slot available.

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
The "garden variety" 3570.50 is a very lovely watch Roger. It even qualifies you to perform an EVA or indeed Moonwalk :D:D:D

Enjoy New Year's Day :thumbup1:

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Many congratulations on the new Moon Watch Mr Beamon.

A fantastic choice that would fit in to any watch collection.:thumbup:

Can't wait to see the pictures, of course.:biggrin:

So, do I understand you correctly? There is going to be a world wide Omega price increase on the 15th January?

If so do you know what percentage increase Omega are applying on average?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Many congratulations on the new Moon Watch Mr Beamon.

A fantastic choice that would fit in to any watch collection.:thumbup:

Can't wait to see the pictures, of course.:biggrin:

So, do I understand you correctly? There is going to be a world wide Omega price increase on the 15th January?

I was wondering the same exact thing.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

All I can address is the US market. Don't know whether it will hit other markets or not, but I think I read that increases have already become effective in parts of Asia.

Fr. John originally learned that the increase will be model by model, with some being very small 'token' increases and others amounting to many hundreds of dollars. Scuttlebutt is about $200.00 added to the MSRP of the 3570.50.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Sure glad you have an AD in your area who is nice. The two here employ only arrogant snooty people. I guess if you don't walk in drsssed to the nines and wearing a multi thousand dollar watch then they won't deal with you and they feed you a load of bull, which I can dispute thanks to you guys.

Sad to say but i will never buy from the AD because they are so rude. Unfortuante for them because although I only have one Omega I will buy another.

I am not one who considers the cost of these watches poket change. It takes me a long time to save up extra cash for one. Even though they are an interest to me, maybe an obsession my family and those related costs come first. Aside from saving for retirement my spending money for myself has to be divided among guns or watches. Lately its been watches.

·
Registered
32 Posts
bcz, the salespeople at my local Tourneau store are the exact same way. I went in there, ready to buy a pre owned watch, in the area of $700. Now I'm still in highschool, and I was with my father, and my sister, and we walk into the store, where a salesmen immediately confronts us. It was annoying, as we said we didn't need any help at the moment. We looked into the pre-owned section, which both me and my father have done once before. We were shopping for a watch for me for xmas and told the salesmen that, after which my Dad commented on both a Breitling and a Rolex(GMT I). They wanted $4400 for the Rolex, which my Dad might justify for himself but I can't as a high school student. I said to my Dad that I'd be nervous about having that much into a watch in highschool, at which time I get this snobby remark from the salesmen. With his nose pointed in the air and a heavy sigh as if we were wasting his time, he goes well thats why you don't do...(multiple things). Me and my Dad exchange looks, ask for his card, and get ready to leave. I go to shake the salesmens hand, and get this dirty look. Not what I want from an AD no matter what watch you're buying. I don't know if it's the preconceived notion that kids my age are immature, a waste of time, or what not, but to assume that isn't a great way to sell watches. Ahhh rant over... lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here in Singapore, Omega is controlling the maximum discount an AD can give to a customer. Effective from 1st Nov 2007, the max. discount was 15% from the Retail Price. However, effective 1st Jan 2008, the maximum discount is 12%.

That is why I took the plunge 3 weeks ago. With the retail price at S$3,450.00 and after 15% discount, I paid S$2,932 for my 2254.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
bcz, the salespeople at my local Tourneau store are the exact same way. I went in there, ready to buy a pre owned watch, in the area of $700. Now I'm still in highschool, and I was with my father, and my sister, and we walk into the store, where a salesmen immediately confronts us. It was annoying, as we said we didn't need any help at the moment. We looked into the pre-owned section, which both me and my father have done once before. We were shopping for a watch for me for xmas and told the salesmen that, after which my Dad commented on both a Breitling and a Rolex(GMT I). They wanted $4400 for the Rolex, which my Dad might justify for himself but I can't as a high school student. I said to my Dad that I'd be nervous about having that much into a watch in highschool, at which time I get this snobby remark from the salesmen. With his nose pointed in the air and a heavy sigh as if we were wasting his time, he goes well thats why you don't do...(multiple things). Me and my Dad exchange looks, ask for his card, and get ready to leave. I go to shake the salesmens hand, and get this dirty look. Not what I want from an AD no matter what watch you're buying. I don't know if it's the preconceived notion that kids my age are immature, a waste of time, or what not, but to assume that isn't a great way to sell watches. Ahhh rant over... lol
You seem quite mature to me Bpk.

And, let's be honest, that isn't the point anyway. A sale person in an AD should treat everyone with the same respect regardles of who they are. If I was the sales person I would have wanted to please you because if you are interested in spending $700 whilst you are in high school what will you be prepared to spend on watches once you graduate and start working? I have been loyal to an AD and will remain so even though he is now 200 miles away since we moved recently. You need some one who you can trust to sell you items of this kind of value.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks tricky, I won't have a problem spending that much once I'm older (Hedge Fund Managing here I come), but not when I get treated that way. It just blew me away, as I wouldn't expect that coming from any salesmen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts