WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wait is finally over: After several days of monitoring the FedEx package
tracking page and just as I'd given up hope of it arriving today, the door-bell rang at 5:57pm :thumbup:

So, which of these ball watches is in the box...

Correct! None of them!!! :T
I was a bit confused by that bit of leather strap apparently coming out of the box - "Why is the strap poking out of here? I'd better not pull on that." Of course it's actually there as a handle so you can pull open the drawer of the box. :blush:

It's only the new Trainmaster Power Reserve, on the alligator strap, as seen in JBHII's stellar review on this very forum!
Those hands show up light blue if they catch the light - you can almost see it here, but not quite.

Let's get it on!

That's one very happy customer of Topper Fine Jewellers

Seriously, Topper provided a great service and Rob burned through many expensive transatlantic minutes talking to me, to be sure I was completely happy before proceeding with the order. If ever I can't find a watch in the UK again, I'll be sure to check out their superb web-site again.

Right, I'm off to strut around the house in my new watch!
:biggrin: :D :w00t:

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Congratulations!!! That is one good looking watch :thumbup1:

I don't know too much about Ball watches but that dial looks so clean and I can see the blue tint in the hands, very nice :drool:

I've been waiting on a watch to arrive and can't wait :001_smile:

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
VERY nice, CONGRATS!!!!

I was able to see the Trainmaster PR this weekend for the 1st time in person. I was very impressed! :drool:

Enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Gorgeous watch! Massive Congrats!! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. I had one awful moment when I appeared to be allergic to the strap :( But after soaking it in warm water for a couple of minutes while rubbing the inside surface of the strap and drying, no more redness - phew!

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Thanks everyone. I had one awful moment when I appeared to be allergic to the strap :( But after soaking it in warm water for a couple of minutes while rubbing the inside surface of the strap and drying, no more redness - phew!
I had the same reaction to the Aviator straps. Mine were severe and required a dose of Benadryl.

Apparently the strap vendor was using a chemical that can trigger skin reactions. My understanding is that Ball had tackled this issue so that future watches coming out of the factory will no longer have this problem.

In the meantime, I suggest that everyone do what Jarvis has done if you experience a strap-induced rash. Wiping a wet rag along the back of the strap cured it for me too.

Rob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts