WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there guys,
It's been a long time since I've been on any watch forum, and it's good
to be back here visiting this evening.

I see much has changed here while I've been away, but it looks pretty good.

Much has changed for myself as well, My Mom passed away this past July, 2019.
I was her primary care giver for the last 4 yrs & she had severe RH "Arthritis" for the past 20 yrs, requiring many various surgeries. The last of which,
was a serious operation to her C3 through C5 neck vertebrae, of which she was told by the surgeons that she would be up walking around again in 6 months,
which never happened, and she never really recovered from that surgery, ultimately being bed bound for the last 3 years of her life.

I'm thankful to The Lord, that my dear Mother didn't have to be here for this Covid19 virus pandemic!

Anyway, it's good to be able to come back & visit the forum. I hope I'll be able to contribute again in the future.
Cheers, :thumbup1:
Jim

· Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Wow - there's a name from the past! Sorry to hear about your mum, I hope you and your family are coping ok.
It seems everyone has moved onto Youtube for watch info, and I drift from one place to the next, not really having a 'home' since more or less leaving this one. There are still a couple of old stalwarts here keeping the lights on - full credit to their dedication, and new members pop in to check things out. Incredible how much things have changed in the world of watch-collecting and the world in general over the past few years. Maybe it's time to post a SOTC thread to catch up?
Cheers.

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow - there's a name from the past! Sorry to hear about your mum, I hope you and your family are coping ok.
It seems everyone has moved onto Youtube for watch info, and I drift from one place to the next, not really having a 'home' since more or less leaving this one. There are still a couple of old stalwarts here keeping the lights on - full credit to their dedication, and new members pop in to check things out. Incredible how much things have changed in the world of watch-collecting and the world in general over the past few years. Maybe it's time to post a SOTC thread to catch up?
Cheers.

Hey there he is!
lol, yes it's been awhile for sure.
Thank you for your condolences on my Mum passing away. She was a good hearted mother,
and yes it's been tough on us all, especially me as I was her caregiver at home for the last
4 years of her life. Praise God, she's in a much better place.

Yeah I can see much has changed, and everyone's doing the unboxing & reviews on YouTube these days.
Seems as if the watch forums are a thing of the past! "Pardon The Pun" Wow - There's a name from the past" Lol.

I'll be around more often & I'll try to post some interesting horology.

Thanks to you & MikeyT for your greeting me back, appreciated guys!
Jim

· Registered
29 Posts
Great to see you back here Jim. I haven't been as active in the forums as well because of life....work and family. But it's nice to be able to drop in the old haunts occasionally and catch up with long time friends. That WIS condition on me didn't improve over the years, a few more watches were added along the way.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.