WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had my eyes on this one since the first time I saw a picture of it in one of the forums some months ago. I am not really a quartz watch guy but for some reason this model caught my attention and I really liked the overall look of this watch. So I had only to wait for it to surface on the watch sales forum for a price that was affordable for me, it became my Valentine present from my wife including the matching strap.

Of course taste is taste and some might discount a watch like this from the start. I know because I did that for a while, I was simply turned off by the plasic case and black color and the fact that the earlier models looked more like small rubber tires on people's arms at least in my view. However after owning two Casio ProTrek Solar watches, I know that they are capable of good quality products and I am happy to say that I am not disappointed in the least. This is a fantastic watch. And... I did not even read all the specs which are a couple of pages long... of course it is not cheap but buying used I saved a bundle. I found the strap on e-bay, one of the hundred combinations of "Bond" strap. It came straight from mother land China and in addition to be pretty economical in price it is actually pretty comfortable. I did have to burn the holes a bit to seal the fabric around them so that they would not fray but otherwise it seems pretty decent. The most important thing though is that I think it matches the watch and looks great on it.

The most important features to me are that it is 47mm in diameter (more or less) but it is very light because the case is made of plastic material and it is extremely comfortable. The caseback is steel and the watch is 200m water resistent, it has thermometer, barometer, compass, altitude, tides graph, alarms, world time, chrono and it is solar powered! It seems also to be atomic meaning that it synchronize itself with the atomic clock, which I did not even know before receiving it. So this is now the most precise and accurate time keeper I have. I think the model is PRG-2500 not sure of the variant since I have seen some with all white and different details.

And no, I did not read the manual yet. I figured out how to adjust the time zone and the autolight so that it does not come on every time I turn the wrist to look at the time, which is a great feature for night time telling but annoying to me. I worked out a couple of other things but otherwise, I am using it mostly to keep time and of course to tell where the North pole is...

So yes, I am excited like a little kid that has received a new toy that he really likes... I hope you enjoy the pics which are really a poor representation of the real thing, not really capturing all the details and greateness of the watch:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
new Casio ABC

Are any military issued?

Arthur
Not sure, it's a relatively recent model. I know that some of the military personnel like Casio's especially G-Shocks but i don't know of any issued. I surely would use it if I was in the military...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
new Casio ABC

Nothing Bond about that strap ... Bonds are striped NATO, but not all striped NATO are Bond LOL
Yes but maybe in Chinese the translation gets lost... :wink: Try going on E-bay and type bond nato strap or similar... :eek:hmy:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Aside from my like for my automatics, I have several G's and Pathfinders...light, cheap, and VERY rugged tough watches.

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
I would buy a Gshock analog. But I don't really like digital watches. I have been on a mechanical binge lately lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Casio

I generally prefer analog too, this is the only one that I have that is all digital. My only other Casio is this one:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Here's my G-Shock.

It's the only digital I have at the moment, but I think digital has its place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts