WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

After several weeks of waiting the 666 has landed after a long haul flight from the Dominican.

The watch is going in tomorrow for a full strip and service but I have two questions:

1. The bezel was tight so I popped it off thinking it may need a clean or oil however the bezel does not appear to have a spring or wire to allow it to click. Does anyone know what is missing if anything and whether this is an easy to source part?

2. The crystal measures 30.6 - Case number: 702-1. I have been offered a crystal = 714 which is 29.6 > This has the inverted cyclops but I am guessing this is the wrong number. Does anyone know what the correct crystal reference is? I have used the reference guide but cant find the case number 702-1.

I am really happy with the watch and I hope to restore it back to a level where my OCD is content :crying:
The pictures make it look worse than it is, but all in all the watch is really nice with only a few swirls on the crystal being obvious at certain angles. The bezel is in great shape as are the hands, markers, case and dial :thumbup1:

Many Thanks

Premium Member
2. The crystal measures 30.6 - Case number: 702-1. I have been offered a crystal = 714 which is 29.6 > This has the inverted cyclops but I am guessing this is the wrong number. Does anyone know what the correct crystal reference is? I have used the reference guide but cant find the case number 702-1.

Many Thanks
Case # 702-1 uses crystal number 702AWD
Rectangle Font Brand Electric blue Parallel

Example of a Crystal for sale:
Hard-to-Find-NOS-Crystal-702AWD-Bulova-Accutron-218-Deep-Sea-Snorkel-Calendar 392080142566

Registered
I think some Polywatch and muscle will resolve my scratches as 拢100 is a hard pill to swallow.
I agree. Way to expensive unless your existing crystal is cracked. There are many good write-ups on this forum on how to polish out the scratches with varying levels of sandpaper. I have personally done that and the result is outstanding. Takes less than an hour.

Registered
Jake, nice find. I have the identical Deep Sea, with the same handset. (It will hopefully make a trip to Thailand to Rob B soon) There were two handsets available on that model, and separated by model year I believe. The crystal (702awd) is always a difficult and expensive one to find. How's your case gasket as well, as it's another oddball, and has a tendency to be found all gummed up and requiring quite a bit of work to remove the gunk from the case.

Oh, and just to confirm...I don't have it in hand, but what was stated already is correct, it doesn't click.

Eric

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hi Eric,

Many thanks for chipping in and long time no speak!
The gasket is in great shape and the oddity being is that the hands and bezel still glow albeit only for 30 seconds or so. Its a great example and one that will tidy up well. Like my last 666, I have an Oyster strap on order. I will soon have it looking amazing in no time. Do you know what sits under your bezel ?

Thanks

Jake

Registered
Good to hear from you Jake. Your watch looks great, you'll enjoy that one!
Nope, I've no idea what's under the bezel as I've never removed it. Doesn't "click" though, and I believe I've rotated others with the same results. Have you found different?

Eric

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good to hear from you Jake. Your watch looks great, you'll enjoy that one!
Nope, I've no idea what's under the bezel as I've never removed it. Doesn't "click" though, and I believe I've rotated others with the same results. Have you found different?

Eric
Hi Eric

I have a Bezel spring for the 666 in the mail system as I type.
Once fitted I will report back, I can remember that my old 666 rotated but can't recall if it clicked.
Watch this space :thumbup1:

Registered
Hi Eric

I have a Bezel spring for the 666 in the mail system as I type.
Once fitted I will report back, I can remember that my old 666 rotated but can't recall if it clicked.
Watch this space :thumbup1:
Hi jakeagusta, I have the very same problem the bezel on my 702-1 has no internal spring. Could you tell me where you ordered your spring from? I鈥檓 based in Uk. Thanks! 馃檹

1 - 18 of 18 Posts