WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it being Christmas and all, I sold a couple of my pricey watches over on etsy.....and have my hands on a bit of cash .....and after getting some neccessities ....( pens and make-up and a couple of presents) .....I found myself once more hunched over my computer .......trolling for likely additions to next summers watches .....

and I found a bunch of them .....bid low on enough watches and you'll trap a few .......I do limit my watches to known brands ....I've learned the hard way that most folks don't know about a lot of the better, but smaller brands like Vulcain and Wittnauer ...so I have to talk more for those !

but I find myself bidding more for the Hamiltons.....and also picking up a few that are not pristine ...like the last one I got ...... runs great, but a bit "been worn for many years" look ......so that someone can have a Hammy for about 1/2 the price of my regular nice ones.....and for those who like the vintage and has been worn a lot style ....

Why is this ? .....well because I am shackled to the truth, especially face to face....and I think Hamiltons are far and away the best value for your money.....I can tell people that they're buying on of the best watches that the US ever made ......( and then Illinois comes in briefly, and then I tell them that Hamilton bought them in 1923)

......and it's all your fault ! your Hamilton watch people here ! ....you have convinced me that they are what I tell people they are ......and since I have been selling vintage watches for about 3 years now......I have been drifting more and more in the direction of the better watches ......

.......and there's only one end to that road.......affordable ones that is .....and that is Hamilton.....

and then there is that I have the best of all possible consultants and experts right here .....mwahahahahahah.......

ooo and wait till you see the one I got yesterday ......it is the perfect watch ...in my never humble opinion .....simple and elegant and classic ...and the cosmetic condition is superlative.......just gotta have Jerry get it running ......heh heh.....

this one is goning to be hard to give up ....

·
Registered
186 Posts
ooo and wait till you see the one I got yesterday ......it is the perfect watch ...in my never humble opinion .....simple and elegant and classic ...and the cosmetic condition is superlative.......just gotta have Jerry get it running ......heh heh.....

this one is goning to be hard to give up ....
Pics or it didn't happen. :biggrin: I can't wait to see what you picked up!

It's a bit of a pity you're switching to Hamiltons, because I've enjoyed seeing the lesser-known watches you've found. Whatever happened to that awesome black-dialed Sigma?

Going slightly mad because I haven't found anything to bid on for weeks...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ARggghhhh.....I wanted that for ME ....however, my magic fix-it purse got it running ....so there I was at the market on Treasure Island wearing that watch ....and it did look particularly snazzy as I had put it on a gen-u-ine right off the display card striped grosgrain ribbon band.....( a red and black one if I remember correctly ......) and someone at the very last minute ( or rather last 45 minutes ....he didn't speak English all that well....) while Mike almost finished completely packing everything up ......anyway that person bought some other watch ;;;( probably a Bulova, and that cool Sigma right off my wrist......for $75 ....I paid 5 and never even got a chance to have my watch guy look at it .....

ande the next weekend after the market closed....a lady bought # 2 of 4 personal watches ......that gorgeous 1959 Bulova with the grooved in waves dial ......paid $50 more than I said it was worth .....sh'e never worn a watch but liked the way it looked on my wrist .......

and then today I mailed off #3 of my personal watches ....that Bulova with the numbers ( art moderne ) on the bezel to Hawaii .....

down to 1 watch ....my trusty Waltham automatic ......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts