WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 4469 is a beautiful watch, just gorgeous. Swiss made, solid end links, great price it is beautiful...EXCEPT...the stupid, ugly, and retarded mother of pearl face. What were they thinking? They ruined the watch with that. Why couldnt they have just kept it black? If this baby didnt have the MOP face, I would buy it in a heart beat....

That is why and where I need help. I am looking for a swiss made automatic diver. Can anyone help me out with alternatives under 400 dollars?

Thanks for reading my opinion, and remember this is solely MY opinion.

I am sure this will get some attention...o boy. :001_unsure:

I NEED A WATCH OF 4469 CALIBER!!! Without any fancy MOP additions!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Eh, I'm on the fence with black MOP. I've always liked white MOP, and got just what I was expecting in the Aussie, but black is a different story. I'd really have to see it live to make the decision. Have you seen them up close and live? It may change your opinion...

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I was like you guys in the beginning. I was scared of the MOP. But now that I have it I honestly don't see it 80% of the time. The light has to hit it in a certain angle. To me it still looks black and doesn't bother me one bit. It's one of those things you have to see for your self, wear it, and then make a decision. I just took a chance and it paid off.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought mine sight unseen as well, I don't mind MOP on guitar necks and bindings, but didn't know what to expect on a watch. To me, I find that its black 90% of the time, you really need to manipulate your arm into some weird angles to actually see the greens and rose colours of the MOP. Mine has a really unique textured look to it and if you look dead on, its a really nice black dial.

This watch can sit alongside my Rolex and Tag and not look out of place. Today I was at a store and the guy working complimented the watch then asked if it was a Rolex, I said no... then he asked the brand, he had never heard of Invicta. Then of course, "what kind of pricing..." I asked him what he thought it was worth, he said probably around 1500 - 2000 bucks similar to the Omega prices!

Needles to say, when I told him 380.00 he was shocked!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Everyone seems to love it, even the ones that aren't fans of the black mop. This will be my next purchase. I've been pondering this one and I think it is time to bite.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I felt the same way about the MOP so I went and bought myself a reserve Pro Diver...I paid more than 300 dollars(obviously) for it but I just simply love that style watch. I also really liked the brown one so i got that instead of the black. I hope it looks good I was just going off the online pics.....I'll post my pics once I get it. Should be here next week.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the reserve metorite and love it, the brown reserve looks sharp. I don't think you can go wrong with the reserve divers. And I am also one of the true believers in the selita movement. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
i didn't liked the mop dial, but when you get to know the 4469 personally, i'm sure you'll change your mind. sometimes you wont even notice its mop.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have the reserve metorite and love it, the brown reserve looks sharp. I don't think you can go wrong with the reserve divers. And I am also one of the true believers in the selita movement. Enjoy!
I love the brown dial too. But the two tone with blue dial is going to be my next Reserve Diver. I ordered one back in November after I sold off my 9938, but then the Meteorite version came available and I decided not to let the "one time opportunity":001_rolleyes: pass me by. I miss my two tone diver though.

So many watches out there, so little money.

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
The brown is my favorite choice for the Reserve Pro Divers,
here are a coulpe bad shots of mine,it looks much better in person than my pics.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The brown is my favorite choice for the Reserve Pro Divers,
here are a coulpe bad shots of mine,it looks much better in person than my pics.

Is that MOP?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I love the brown dial too. But the two tone with blue dial is going to be my next Reserve Diver. I ordered one back in November after I sold off my 9938, but then the Meteorite version came available and I decided not to let the "one time opportunity":001_rolleyes: pass me by. I miss my two tone diver though.

So many watches out there, so little money.
I am all about this watch too. My next, but when?? Maybe when our "stimulus checks" arrive, I can stimulate my choclate brown reserve diver craving.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've just got the 4469. It is for sure a great watch.
I also own a 4620. It is the same model as the 4469 but two tone with brown mop.
At this time, i can tell you that the black mop is around 40 to 50% of the time black, instead of the brown mop who is 80% of the time brown.

So if you really don't like mop dial, the 4469 is, in my opinion, maybe not a good choice.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
At this time, i can tell you that the black mop is around 40 to 50% of the time black, instead of the brown mop who is 80% of the time brown.

So if you really don't like mop dial, the 4469 is, in my opinion, maybe not a good choice.
Are you out doors a lot or in the sun?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I recently bought a 4525, with black MOP. To be completely honest, unless you're in bright light, or, outside, you only see black, or extremely dark shades of gray. The pics you see online with all the different colors, are because the seller was TRYING to show them. In average light, you barely notice it. Trust me, mine looks nothing like the pic I attached.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Since i've got the 4469, i've been mostly inside and each time i look to the dial close to a light, i can see the green and red colors of mop.

I compare my 4469 to my 4620 who have a brown mop : the dial on the 4620 is mostly brown all the time.
But with the 4469, i see different colors or dark grey most of the time.

I can't tell you if it is because i've got an unusual mop i've on my 4469 (i don't think so), but like i said before, most of the time for me, i see differents colors in mop dial on my 4469, instead of pure black.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The MOP and the lack of lumed dot on the bezel (and probably its size) are the things that keep me away from that model. The rest of it looks great though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts