WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My newest Hamilton has arrived 24 hours after it was ordered.
This is a tough model to find at stores so ,after fruitless searches around Mass. I went online,got a good price,and couldn't be happier with the watch.
I was looking at some vintage pieces but,truth be told,I don't wear the few that I have now because I'm afraid to do the old souls harm with normal wear.
I settled on the next best thing-a watch from the American Classic series.
The Hamilton Brooke:

The lines and finishing on the case are fantastic.
It definately has a sculpted look and feel

It has a feature that the original models never had-an exhibition back.

The dial work is subtle,but very art deco looking (something that I normally don't like but this one has a high "funk factor" that appeals to me)

and the wrist shot

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wow! That is a very cool and unique watch. I really like the two stripes on the dial and how it is also done on the crown side. :thumbup: Good stuff Foggy!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Great pics Foggy,
'square' face watches normally don't do it for me, but this is a very elegant looking piece, and sits well on the wrist judging by your photo.
Congrats & enjoy wearing it.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I like it a lot. I would need to see one in person but it looks like something a may have to add to my list. The stripes on the face look great.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
:thumbup:Congratulations partner. I love everything about that watch except one. . . that I don't have one. . . . . . . . . . .. yet. :D Enjoy.

BTW, I shall be expecting a full review after you have lived with your new watch for a few days.:drool:

·
Registered
507 Posts
I must say that I really like what Hamilton is doing with their "re-interpretations" of old classics. This new Brooke is a very different animal than the 1938 original, but it's a beautifully-rendered design with some exciting elements. It retains the unique asymmetry of the original -- narrower at the top than the bottom, thicker at 12 than at 6 when seen from the side -- with very elegant new details. The bars on the dial and case side, and the chevron surrounding the date window at 6, are especially appealing. A fine looking watch!

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I must say that I really like what Hamilton is doing with their "re-interpretations" of old classics. This new Brooke is a very different animal than the 1938 original, but it's a beautifully-rendered design with some exciting elements. It retains the unique asymmetry of the original -- narrower at the top than the bottom, thicker at 12 than at 6 when seen from the side -- with very elegant new details. The bars on the dial and case side, and the chevron surrounding the date window at 6, are especially appealing. A fine looking watch!

Am I correct in my understanding that the original Brooke was Hamiltons first asymmetric case design?

·
Registered
348 Posts
New Hamilton

Just beautiful.

It reminds me of an early 50's Mercury.
A fantastic piece.

Weat it Well!

Regards,

Gérard M. Diffiné

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Wow! A Fat Boy ! I love that detail in picture #2. It really gives a retro look! Now this is taking an American Classic and giving it features that are popular today! They've done a great job! Good catch Loghorn! You stumped us! That watch must take you back to your roots..

·
Registered
348 Posts
New Hamilton

Wow! A Fat Boy ! I love that detail in picture #2. It really gives a retro look! Now this is taking an American Classic and giving it features that are popular today! They've done a great job! Good catch Loghorn! You stumped us! That watch must take you back to your roots..

I agree. It is a retro look.
I've stated before, that I think there is no other Swiss watch company that designs as if it is American.
I know that Hamilton had its roots here, but the designs they produce are as if they never left. My opinion of course.
They still have a pulse on this market.

Regards,

Gérard M. Diffiné

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Two things Mike.

Your puns referring to another thread didn't escape me

AND

Loghorn?????:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree. It is a retro look.
I've stated before, that I think there is no other Swiss watch company that designs as if it is American.
I know that Hamilton had its roots here, but the designs they produce are as if they never left. My opinion of course.
They still have a pulse on this market.

Regards,

Gérard M. Diffiné

Thanks Gerard,
Most of us share the same opinion and that's why we spend so much time talking here.
Please do visit often!!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
VERY NICE!!! I like it even though I like more "abusable" looking watches I think I may have to think about my next choice, problem is I don't have a job where this watch looks at home.

Can you PM the seller?
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, what a great looking watch.

Foggy, we so like the same things. Would you mind pm'ing me the details?

Thanks,
Dave

1 - 20 of 27 Posts