WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Invicta 9937 last September. It has a one year warranty, and about a month or so before it ran out, the bezel insert fell out. I send it back to Invicta, and they try to charge me 61.00 for repair. They proceed to tell me that bezel inserts are not included in the warranty. The warranty does not mention this anywhere, at all.

The service rep told me this after they got the watch and after they presented the bill.

They offered to reduce the repair price down to 30.00, but, really, the warranty should cover it, and if it doesn't then the company still should since they don't tell you the warranty doesn't cover bezel inserts. Either way, if I pay them, what happens if it falls off again in a week, or a month?roduct but

Anyone ever have issues that occurred and were told the same thing I was? I like the product but if it's going to spend more time in the shop than with me, then I don't see the value in the product.

·
Registered
543 Posts
First, welcome to the forum maximus. I, knock on wood, have never had a problem with any of the more than a dozen Invictas I own. With that said, there are plenty of horror stories about Invicta's 'customer service.' I don't even register my watches with Invicta anymore as I have two watch makers that are the only people who touch my watches.

Since you've already sent it in, I would have them send it back for $61, but, for $30 I'd ask if they warranty their repair and have them fix it. That's me, others will have different opinions I'm sure. Just some food for thought.

·
Super Moderator
15,498 Posts
Maximus, welcome to WTF. My sympathies on your watch and apologies for not having any hard-core solutions. Sadly, Invicta has quite a reputation for either ineffective or non-existent Customer Service. And it's not just bezels. Also included in the list are missing owners manuals, damaged crystals, lost pins and screws, loose hands, sticking rotors, and (alleged) returned stock being sold as brand new. I dread the day my 8929 or 6865 needs repair. The best I can do is suggest you view other watch sites. You will have no problem finding others with situations like yours. Perhaps over there someone has published a solution you can also use (I doubt it but it's worth a try).

If ANYBODY has had success with Invicta fixing your problems, please chime in and let us know about it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I generally have all of my watches- Invicta, Ball, etc., worked on locally by a watchmaker for the smaller issues, warranty or not. A bezel insert should not be a problem for a local watchmaker to handle- and likely less expensive as well.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
For $30, have them fix it, but if you want to extract some revenge, contact your state's attorney general and see if they will investigate it as a breach of warranty.

I had a winding issue with an Orient watch a few months back and besides a few bucks for postage they fixed it without asking for money, but on the other hand, someone here recently reported that Android was asking for $xx to "honor" the warranty.

Unfortunately, Invicta is renowned for poor customer service.

Finding a good local watch repair guy is probably very good advice, and one I'm going to have to look into myself.

·
Super Moderator
4,618 Posts
From a well known gray market source:
What is actually covered?
Watches: Although warranties vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, watch warranties usually cover the watch movement and battery replacement for the time period stated and excludes: watch case, watch bracelet, straps, crown/stem, crystal/glass, finishes, damage caused by excessive wear and tear and/or physical/accidental abuse, and damage resulting from wear under conditions exceeding the watch manufacturer's water resistance limitations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I mentioned legal action, and they quickly reduced the price to 18.00 plus shipping. I still think it's complete BS for them to send the watch back to China for three months for a repair that should be done here. They suck at customer service, but they excel at wasting a customer's money and time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts