1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
I thought it probably was... :wink: :001_tongue:
Cheers,
Ron

Nice shot Ron.:thumbup1:

Obviously your callsign is an aviation thing,what is the background or meaning.eg military or a plane number??

Cheers

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Aaron. Thank you. These links will help...

Nice shot Ron.:thumbup1: Obviously your callsign is an aviation thing,what is the background or meaning.eg military or a plane number??
answer your question I think. :)

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/3389A.htm

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/3389B.htm

And in black and white... :001_rolleyes: :T

The "COIN/FAC" is for Counter Insurgency/Forward Air Control which is of course the military mission of these type aircraft. Here is a shot nicked from the Portugese Air Force which will give you an airborne perspective of what it looked liked as we began to form up for the run-in to start the airshow routine...

The red "4" was my position in most of our formations. Here was a better position IMHO... :001_smile:

Of course, that was some time ago. Today I know I'm in the very best position as shown here... :thumbup:

See what I mean? :wink:
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
236 Posts
Great stuff Ron! You're a lucky guy.
Couldn't help but notice your leather jacket - what make and model is it?
Myself, I just picked up a fantastic Roughwear 1401 A2 jacket from Eastman Leather Clothing. Love the old style flight jackets from the 1940's.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Great photos; the watches & the acft. I love the pic of the guy behind you peering into the rocket pods (What's he looking for, one left behind?) :001_unsure:
Best wishes to you & your family for '08

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great stuff Ron! You're a lucky guy.
Couldn't help but notice your leather jacket - what make and model is it?
Myself, I just picked up a fantastic Roughwear 1401 A2 jacket from Eastman Leather Clothing. Love the old style flight jackets from the 1940's.
Hi, Pete. Thanks. Jacket info: "INTERMEDIATE TYPE G-1", JACKET FLYERS, MIL-J-7823E(AS), manufacturor "Flight Apparel Industries, Inc." and of course it was "Made in the USA". You can google flight jacket histories for interesting info on both the G-1 and A-2 jackets. They do seem to go well with the "B" brand, don't they? :wink::001_smile:
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, muttley. Yep, hope he doesn't find a live one...

Great photos; the watches & the acft. I love the pic of the guy behind you peering into the rocket pods (What's he looking for, one left behind?) :001_unsure:
Best wishes to you & your family for '08
in there! I used to have a couple of inert 2.75in. FFAR's which we sometimes loaded in the LAU-68 launchers for static display because when we laid them out under the wings the kids always wanted to play with them. :eek:hmy: :blink:

A peaceful and profitable new year for you and yours as well! :thumbup:
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Cool Ron,thanks.

BTW,

Happy new Year.:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts