WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the watch and manual together. The back has a date code of M3 for 1963 is this watch correct for the era? I am pretty sure the box is possibly incorrect, but not 100%. Still it makes for an attractive package.

Gas Jewellery Font Metal Strap
Watch Analog watch Product Material property Nickel

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
There are a couple different watch boxes with red edging on the bottom half. Your pic does not allow me to see the inside top portion but the box is pretty much what I would expect for that date. One style was used '63-'68 while the other is listed as '60s & '70s. The bracelet looks good and appears, I think, to be the large link coffin link band. Nice watch, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm still confused on the early/late coil/movement. That, to me, looks like a later movement from the wiring on the right side. The hands look correct for a narrow circular chapter ring version (like the photo contest winner at the top of the page) but they extend past the markers on the crystal. If you look at early dotted crystal spaceviews, you typically see "alpha" hands as they align with the crystal markers.

Still, a nice looking watch! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
My M5 that is supposed to be factory original has the same style hands but does have Clark crystal. Just how particular should we be. Lots of Accutrons original in all other ways had newer coils installed because of failure. For me it is ok but I do understand the lure of 100% original.

·
Premium Member
5,727 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The GF requires anything over a certain amount to go up for sale for 45 days. I prefer to price it so it won't sell and I can keep it. It was just serviced and has a new coil. It is definitely a Kreisler bracelet. I wanted to make sure the auction was done correctly and that anyone looking would not be upset with me misrepresenting a later model as an earlier "original". One thing I forgot to add is a NOS Bulova crystal which is included in the price. If it does sell I will be putting the money back into another Computron Driver's watch. But I am hoping I priced it just above the market.

·
Premium Member
5,727 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes Kreisler made a Coffin Link commonly sold on ebay called a Stelux Coffin Link. Different size and design of the 'coffins'.

Ex:

Classy Men's Kreisler Stelux Coffin Link SS Watch Band / Strap W401 | eBay
I am still a newbie and I appreciate the input.

I was thinking about it and the one thing I do want in a Spaceview is an all stainless. I am not such a fan of the gold filled (or gold at all for that matter). So maybe that's what I'll be looking for next.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I agree, I have several that I have bought that I like the look of but know they are not correct. I don't have an issue with it myself. I think it's a nice watch!

There are a few that I am a purist about, one of my spaceview T's had a damaged back and had to replace it with a donor....looks close...but I knew.... :)

·
Premium Member
5,727 Posts
I was thinking about it and the one thing I do want in a Spaceview is an all stainless. I am not such a fan of the gold filled (or gold at all for that matter). So maybe that's what I'll be looking for next.
Interesting. I did just the opposite. I have a Stainless M2 Spaceview Yellow Dot Coffin Link that I inherited from my Grandfather and have wanted a Gold filled one to sit next to it so I bought one on ebay. I didn't buy it for originality, just a clean good running gold filled spaceview. I put the two tone 14Kt gold JB Champion bracelet on it and it worked out pretty nice for a accutron. Nothing to brag about, nothing to say its original and correct, just a fun watch to wear.

·
Premium Member
5,727 Posts
SPACEVIEW M2 " just a fun watch to wear. "

That's what it's really all about isn't it ? That is indeed a fun, and very good looking, watch to wear.
Yes, in this situation, its all about enjoying a watch to wear. That was the purpose of this purchase. But as we all know, there are those watches out there in a different category and we all probably own one+. They make us a little nervous to wear due to their value or pristine condition. In the musclecar circles, they call them trailer queens. I own 1 or 2 of those kind of watches also. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.