WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing as a cheap automatic watch with a chrono feature? Looking for one, oddly, for my mom, who apparently desires (<$200 definitely, <$150 preferably). It doesn't have to be Swiss or fancy or anything, but it also has to be under 37-38mm diameter, as she has small wrists like me. Being a "woman's" watch is not a requirement, I don't think she cares too much. Exhibition back is a plus.

Any help is greatly appreciated, as it seems really hard to find one of these if they exist.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
check out invicta, they might not make a auto chrono, but they make some great auto's for the price range you are looking to be in.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check out invicta, they might not make a auto chrono, but they make some great auto's for the price range you are looking to be in.
Has to be a chrono T_T

But I do watch Invictashark and others for really really ridiculous deals on 'em.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Are there any Seiko or Citizens that would fit the criteria? If so, they'd probably have to be models not normally offered in the U.S., but available on-line.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Chinese watches are going to be your only options here.

Marina Militare makes an inexpensive automatic chronograph based on an Asian copy of the 7750 movement.

The Prometheus CR1 uses the same movement, however they're out of production and hover around the $300USD mark.

There is a Seagull 1963 model that uses an original Chinese Seagull auto chrono movement.

Alpha "Paul Newman Daytona" model features a handwind chronograph, also sourced by Seagull.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
you could check out Orient, or Seiko, there might be something in one of those lines, that offer what you are looking for, if you are looking for a nice chrono in that price range, you could go quartz and go with a invicta, or any brand really for that matter, but if it has to be auto you might be a little hardpressed to find something, but I'm sure if you dig around enough you might find something.

·
Registered
382 Posts
To go with my previous post (click to enlarge):

MM.jpg

cr1.jpg

1963.jpg

newman.jpg

EDIT: Ticino also has a couple auto chronos for around $200.
tic_blkdaytona_001.jpg

·
Registered
382 Posts
Redhawks' excellent suggestions are mechanicals, not automatics...I know the '63 re-issue is mechanical.
The Marina Militare and Prometheus should be 7750-based. The other two are handwind.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts