WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have this watch for sale and i was wondering if there is a for sale forum or what the proper protacol is?

best,

cl

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well,

i'm a little conflicted in selling it as when i first started getting into watches two years ago, the thought of having more then one rolex was mind blowing. now i have 6 of them. they are spawning like tribbles.

anywho, i have finally got all the watches i wanted except one. and this one is going to be a little expensive, so should i sell the gold daytona so i don't feel guilty about getting another over 20k watch.

right now, i have a white gold daytona, yg daytona, ss gmt II pepsi, 16750, explorer I, i purchased for my wife for xmas this year, waiting delivery of a spectacular red 1680 complete package. should be here by the end of the week.

since jbh wouldn't sell me his, i had to go outside of the brotherhood to get this one : )

finally there is one super holy grail watch i want and it's going to cost me. i have a backup holy grail, if i can't get my first choice and i have a third holy grail. then that's it. i swear i mean it this time. i will only get one of the three holy grails.

i cannot spend all my money on **** watches!!!

cl

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
timefinder,

unfortunately, every time they spawn it cost THOUSANDS of dollars.

why couldn't i get bit by the button collecting bug or something similar?

cl

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
timefinder,

cl
My wife offered to buy the net if I wanted to collect butterflys....Or rocks...she suggested that one as well. :lol:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
well,

i'm a little conflicted in selling it as when i first started getting into watches two years ago, the thought of having more then one rolex was mind blowing. now i have 6 of them. they are spawning like tribbles.

anywho, i have finally got all the watches i wanted except one. and this one is going to be a little expensive, so should i sell the gold daytona so i don't feel guilty about getting another over 20k watch.

right now, i have a white gold daytona, yg daytona, ss gmt II pepsi, 16750, explorer I, i purchased for my wife for xmas this year, waiting delivery of a spectacular red 1680 complete package. should be here by the end of the week.

since jbh wouldn't sell me his, i had to go outside of the brotherhood to get this one : )

finally there is one super holy grail watch i want and it's going to cost me. i have a backup holy grail, if i can't get my first choice and i have a third holy grail. then that's it. i swear i mean it this time. i will only get one of the three holy grails.

i cannot spend all my money on **** watches!!!

cl
I know the feeling. I seem to have backed myself into a corner after years of buying, selling, and trading up to get the watches I wanted. Now, to go after anything of any truly significant cost (i.e., over $10K), I'd need to sell one of mine; that is, if I want to stay married. That leaves me looking at selling either one of three gold watches (116528,116518, and 118238) or my SS Daytona (116520). So, if I were to really decide I "need" my grail watch (Patek 5146 YG, cream dial) now, I'd have to sell one of my watches; maybe two of them. To be honest, however, my SS Daytona would go before the 116528. I just love that 116528 too much! Having said all of that, I understand your decision; but ... when you look at replacement cost for the 116528, you might want to think about it a while; because if you get seller's regret, the road back to the 116528 will certainly be a more expensive one!

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
timefinder,

cl

CL,

Knowing you CL the holy grail button will be a solid gold number from an 1800s coat owned by someone of importance and cost more than a Rolex.:lol:

John,

Rock collecting can include diamonds.I am sure K would be impressed.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jbh, i can just see myself now, running around manhattan with a net looking for a butterfly...

otto, those are wise words my friend. as my holy grail watch is not available to me at this moment but maybe after a couple of weeks, i have time to decide. my wife does not want me to sell the gold daytona as it's a spectacular looking watch in pictures but more so on your wrist. i call it my big boys watch : ) i'm a tad limited as i can't sell any watches that were gifted to me and i will not sell any of my vintage watches so that only leaves me with the gold daytona.

aaaron, no matter how expensive the next watch is, i always keep telling myself it's cheaper then collecting cars. i had 6 cars at once at one point before i moved to nyc.

when push comes to shove i might keep the yellow gold daytona and purchase my grail watch by forgoing some of other luxuries i like to indulge in like food. who really needs to eat more then one meal day.

however, i would like to occasionally take my wife out to a fine restaurant in nyc like t.g.i. fridays without having to bring my own used tea bag wrapped in aluminum.

hmmm, maybe i will call it my rolex diet. if you are over weight then just buy 100k worth of rolex watches and watch the fat melt away : )

cl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts