WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! The guy wanted $20 so I showed him that the minute hand popped out and was dangling. I asked him how much he thought it would cost to get it fixed. He looked genuinely surprised that it was "broken" and sadly lowered the price to $10.

I took it home and fixed it in about forty minutes. It's been running great for the past 24 hours. I'm happy.

Thank you for the information.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sorry to bring this thread back but I finally found a similar watch. There is a listing in eBay for a similar watch listing for $1895.00! Is the guy on drugs or did I score a good find by accident? Thank you all in advance.

www.ebay.com/soc/itm/230840943474

·
Super Moderator
16,879 Posts
INTERESTING!....in checking with HISTORY OF BENRUS WATCH COMPANY (copyright by Kevin James) there is mention of Benrus using German ebauches after the second world war when the Swiss ones were hard to come by. But they're not that rare or finely made!

The only justification for such a price tag is that the case is 14kt solid gold, which is a possibility. Why the seller doesn't mention this is beyond me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you everyone, I appreciate the quick feedback. I like this watch but for the life of me couldn't imagine that it's worth much more than the $10 that I paid for it.

I literally just started to work on watches for fun. I learned that the date function doesn't work on my watch so I'm looking forward to fixing it in the future. And it's great to know that it's circa 1940/50's.

Again, thanks for the replies everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.