WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the 4469, but I am afraid I wont like that mop face. I mean, does it look all black, and in the right light at the right angle looks rainbowish? If it looks rainbow like all the time I doubt I will buy it. I am looking for 4469 quality with the 9937 face, not MOP. To me, that would get annoying. But hey any comments on the watch are welcome. Thanks!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I love the 4469, but I am afraid I wont like that mop face. I mean, does it look all black, and in the right light at the right angle looks rainbowish? If it looks rainbow like all the time I doubt I will buy it. I am looking for 4469 quality with the 9937 face, not MOP. To me, that would get annoying. But hey any comments on the watch are welcome. Thanks!

It does look black but it also does have that rainbow look when light hits in an angle. Look at it this way, you will have 2 dial colors all in one. It does not have the rainbow look all the time.

·
Registered
106 Posts

I've been holding off on buying the 4469 for the same reason: I hate the MOP. I'm not sure that I can wear a watch that looks pink or rainbow at certain angles.

But I guess that's the new hip, metrosexual, Eurotrash look these days. Just not my cup of tea although I'm planning on ordering one just to see what it looks like in person, hopefully not too bad. JMHO!:001_tongue:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Its black more than its the other colours!

One of the guys I know who likes watches as well saw this watch and thought that was the coolest thing going!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you're not a fan of MOP then you probably shouldn't buy the watch. MOP with good orient is going to have a lot of pop and give you vibrant colors, but its not for everyone.

·
Banned
135 Posts
i only like white mop...i ordered that ocean ghost with black mop and thought it looked purple..i sent it back...the bigger turnoff was the rotating bezel that looked like it had a pewter finish...i have noticed more of them lately on other models...i plan on staying far away from those...

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Its black more than its the other colours!
Exactly, I mean to see the MOP rainbow color you have to angle it at a light. But for example when I am in the car, at work, in the mall, etc. looking at my watch its black. It's something you have to see for your self and decide if it is for you or not.

I like it because its like having 2 colors in one dial. You can't beat that.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Is the MOP face on the 4469 annoying? Of course not! The MOP is very uncommon, most of the peeps say: Wow that looks cool, so many colors!

Sorry for the blurred pics, but I think I captured the MOP pretty good. Some pics were made at night with only my monitor on.

The model # is 4475

[

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Very good pictures Henn. Just want to point out to those people that havent see this in person that you had to create that MOP shine and its not there or can be seen like that all the time.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I've been holding off on buying the 4469 for the same reason: I hate the MOP. I'm not sure that I can wear a watch that looks pink or rainbow at certain angles.

But I guess that's the new hip, metrosexual, Eurotrash look these days. Just not my cup of tea although I'm planning on ordering one just to see what it looks like in person, hopefully not too bad. JMHO!:001_tongue:
Based on your comments, this watch is probably not for you.

·
Registered
793 Posts
here is a good example of the color on my watch...

the blackness:

and the color on the same exact watch:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I've noticed so many pictures with guns and watches. Am I the only guy around who's not strapped?
I'm not a huge MOP fan but I could rock that watch with no problem.

·
Registered
931 Posts
The MOP colors show when the light source is reflected in the dial (notice most photos how you see the glare of the light source in the crystal when the MOP colors are showing). IMO it looks better if the dial looks textured (like Triton's example). The MOP in my 5009 doesn't have that textured look and when the colors show it almost looks fake and plasticy (I like the solid black look much better). The MOP in each watch is unique so it's hit and miss the quality of the colors you'll get. The black MOP in an Aussie Pro Diver that I returned not long ago looked like crap compared to my 5009 (lots of grey streaks). The 4469 is a higher price point so the quality of the MOP is probably better overall (one would hope).

If the MOP colors in the photos above don't do anything for you then I wouldn't get the 4469.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts