WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mikeyt_53 
#1 ·
I am in the process of clearing out all my father's things from his house and came across this amongst his stuff. From memory I believe he had previously mentioned it was either purchased or gifted several decades ago.

Watch Analog watch Gauge Clock Wood
Body jewelry Finger Eyewear Carabiner Nickel
Watch Tool Musical instrument Font Clock
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Watch Analog watch Everyday carry Clock Wrist

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'm sorry, but....
1) P-P doesn't put cheesy printing on their exhibition case backs...it would be just a clear sapphire window.

2) I spotted several domed head screws in the movement. PP makes their own movement screws, and they all have flat heads.

3) The surfaces of the movement bridges are raw and un-finished.

4) The decoration on the rotor is wrong. It is lightly stamped, rather than richly hand-engraved.

5) The strap wouldn't have GENUINE LEATHER on it. The Geneva Seal would stand alone on the buckle's half of the strap, and the other half would read
PATEK PHILIPPE with "Geneva" directly beneath it.

6) This is tied with #1 for the title of Most Laughable Error. PHILIPPE is mis-spelled on the exhibition window: the first I is slanted
If you look at it closely, it looks like PH/LIPPE. I mean....wow!

7) Last but not least, P-P would never, never, never have "25 JEWELS" engraved on the bottom of the rotor! Something like that would be on one of the bridges.

Black Coin Currency Font Money

The watch was your father's so I can't, in good conscience,
tell you to throw it away if there is a sentimental attachment to it.
But please don't make the mistake of trying to wear it out in public!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.