WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to Accutrons and have a question about part numbers. Are all Accutron numbers the same part, or are the movement specific. Will a #112 index wheel be the same for a 214, a 218, 219 etc? How about the 716 tuning forks, etc. So, when I see something advertised or packaged as a 112 for a 214, will it work in the other movements?

I noticed in the parts-explosions and books that they have the same number, but then I read something about the index wheel of a 214 had 320 teeth and went at 360Hz, and a 218 had 300 teeth and ran at 320Hz. VERY confusing stuff. Starting to put together an "on-hand" inventory here and don't want to double up on things. Thanks much, Ted

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Some parts is parts and will fit several movements but others are proprietary to only one. We had a thread recently about coils but for other parts, the list of interchangeable parts was published by Bulova is your best bet. I would suggest you pick up a copy on eBay. There is also a catalog of case parts. Some free stuff is available online. You may want to start here: The Accutron Revolution - Accuracy Through Electronics 1960-1977

1 - 3 of 3 Posts